Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Osama Bin Laden still alive?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
When is he going to die?

And why the US still can't trace where he is?

Comments

• Options
    Well nobody else can trace him either, we are all looking for him remember. Not just the USA.

The reason its so hard to find him is because he has a lot of support. People will shelter him in their homes throughout Pakistan and Afghanistan. Regardless of what the new afghan govt say, he has a lot of support in afghanistan still. That country is a long way from being pacified.

He will be found in due time.
  • Options
    There is also the possibility that he is nothing more than a lump of charcoal, but I wouldn't bet upon it, nor suspend the hunt... ;)

Anyone who believes that this "war" will be short-lived needs to seriously re-evaluate their naivite... I truly doubt that it will end in my lifetime - and as much as that frustrates them who demean me, I will be around for a long time. :eek:
  • Options
    Dead

My pitch is that he is probably dead, blasted when the B52’s flattened Tora Bora. Two things, since 9/11 there has been no follow up attack, and no videos released so far this year. This must be sole destroying for his supporters. I’m sure if he were still alive he would have to something to say, “ look chaps I’m still here”.

P
  • Options
    Re: Dead
    Originally posted by Paul_2
    Two things, since 9/11 there has been no follow up attack, and no videos released so far this year. This must be sole destroying for his supporters. I’m sure if he were still alive he would have to something to say, “ look chaps I’m still here”.

1. It took three years [apparently] to plan that attack. It's been a little over six months since...

2. No other attacks on the US. There has, however, been attacks, attributed to his network, one of which was a synagogue in Tunisia.

3. There have been no videos made pubilc. This doesn't mean that no such video exists. Don't be fooled into a false sense of security, that is what he wants.

4. I really don't think that it really matters if he is alive or dead. he is irrelevant - except as a trophy for both side. The US want his head on a platter, his allies want a martyr.

What really matters is his terror network, who have the finance and capability to launch such attacks. Let's be honest - did any of us ever forsee the use of aeroplanes as missiles? Does anyone believe that such a shocking attack is impossible now?
  • Options
    Re: Re: Dead
    Originally posted by Man Of Kent

Let's be honest - did any of us ever forsee the use of aeroplanes as missiles?

Tom Clancy, in a novel written more than a decade ago.

I had been waiting all that time for someone to follow the scenario...
  • Options
    He's awaiting a fine young stalwart to take his head, pickel it in hogg's piss brian and bring it in for the $25m...I'd do it but the vageries of time you know...spending that much money would be hell too.

:D
  • Options
    Originally posted by Diesel
    ...spending that much money would be hell too.

:D

Diesel, you KNOW that I would make the sacrifice, and assist you in the endeavor... ;)
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: Dead
    Originally posted by Thanatos...AGAIN

Of course, in Debt of Honour. I should have remembered having read it...

JAL 747 flown into Capitol Hill, if I remember correctly, taking out the President.

So do you think that OBL is a closet Clancy fan? Can we expect an Ebola attack next?
  • Options
    Off topic, but:

Our role-play group did its about 3 years ago, when i was in uni.

We used 3 public transport airliners to take out a water-recycling plant in mexico some-place.
    Man that was fun. We only lost 1 person aswell, cos he was fucking around getting people money and valuables when he should have been getting out.

The game was cyberpunk, if any-ones interested.
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: Dead

I had been waiting all that time for someone to follow the scenario...

Hell, yeah! I read that book and thought to myself that Clancy was taking something all of a risk: one the one hand some bright spark in Washington could have read that book and put up some kind of decent preparatory / defensive measures; on the other, it may well have given OBL his ideas. Now we just have to friggin' hope he doesn't do the sequel -- Ebola. :eek:
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: Re: Dead
    Originally posted by MacKenZie

Now we just have to friggin' hope he doesn't do the sequel -- Ebola. :eek:

What was that white, powdery stuff that was sent to Tom Daschel's office... :confused:

:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Everybody.
    Take a look at www.whatreallyhappened.com and tell me what you think.

Before you slam the guy for being un-american, remember that it's the patriots first duty to protect his country from its government.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Uncle Meat
    Everybody.
    Take a look at www.whatreallyhappened.com and tell me what you think.

Yep, apperently the Mossad are the only ones intelligent enough to stand behind such an attack, as some arabic (can't remember who) source said it some time ago :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Jacqueline the Ripper

Yep, apperently the Mossad are the only ones intelligent enough to stand behind such an attack, as some arabic (can't remember who) source said it some time ago :rolleyes:

I am disappointed. :( And here I thought you had a hand in it... ;)
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Dead

What was that white, powdery stuff that was sent to Tom Daschel's office... :confused:

:rolleyes:

I think that was anthrax.
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Dead
    Originally posted by Vox populi, vox Dei

I think that was anthrax.

Point being... even tho anthrax was used - rather than ebola - the gambit has already been played... ;)
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Dead

Point being... even tho anthrax was used - rather than ebola - the gambit has already been played... ;)

I think, rather worryingly, that there has been a demonstration of the ability to deliver biological weapons easily; we were just lucky that it was anthrax used, which practically needs to be directly snorted to infect in its powder form, and rarely passes from human to human. Other biological weapons are not as easily controlled, particularly smallpox, pneumonic plague, ebola and others. The question is, can the terrorists get hold of these?
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Dead

The question is, can the terrorists get hold of these?

If not that, then they have some other methods, which a person not dealing with this on a daily basis would be amazed of...
    I guess that they will always think of some new method to spread scare. We can only try to be one step ahead... (Maybe by reading Tom Clancy novels)
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Dead

pneumonic plague

do you mean bubonic plague or is there another type of plague? And what is ebola? I take it it's another kind of virus/illness, but what effect does it have?
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Dead
    Originally posted by Knee High Stripy Socks
    And what is ebola? I take it it's another kind of virus/illness, but what effect does it have?

It liquifies your internal organs, and you bleed from every orifice, including your tear ducts.

90% fatal.
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Dead
    Originally posted by Man Of Kent

It liquifies your internal organs, and you bleed from every orifice, including your tear ducts.

90% fatal.

*shock*

ewwww! That's really really really horrible!:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Dead

ewwww! That's really really really horrible!:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Mmm, something to remember next time you moan about having a cold :)
  • Options
    :p I don't moan when I have a cold! I deny all knowledge of it because if I havve a cold my mum stops me from canoeing!!!! :D
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Dead

do you mean bubonic plague or is there another type of plague?

Bubonic and pneumonic plague are very similar, although pneumonic plague specifically effects the lungs and is much more contagious, spreading through tiny water droplets in the air; unlike bubonic plague you can get it simply from standing next to another sufferer. It also has a higher fatality rate for sufferers and is a pretty nasty way to die (something to do with your lungs liquifying and dripping out of your nose).
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Dead

*shock*

I quote myself on that one.....