Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

sweat

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
ive got a bit of a problem, kind of gross so if anybody wants to bere with me here...
my hands and my feet sweat profussly, they are dry sometimes, but it doesn't matter if it is hot or cold, they still sweat alot, its been that way for as long as i can remember, my parents know about it, but it doesn't seem to care to them (no big surprise there, but anyway) i was just wondering if anybody has this problem or knows anything about it? or anything along those lines
thanks peaches

Comments

• Options
    If you are sweating more than you think is normal, pop along to your GP who will be able to advise you on the best way to alleviate the problem.

We also have a few tips here:
    body odour

Susie :)
  • Options
    thanks, but one point to add, its not smelly, it is just wet, like just a bunch of water. and it is only on my hands and feet
  • Options
    One of my friends has suffered from this for a while, and obviously it got worse in the summer months. She visited the doctor who gave something to prevent her sweating som much. I think the excessive sweating was down to something wrong with her body temperature system.

I think the problem is quite common, and nothing to worry too much about - visit your doctor!:)
  • Options
    I sweat quite alot but not on my hands or feet. It used to reallly bother me as I hated wearing tight tops and stuff because of it. The doctor prescribed anhydrol forte which is a roll-on which can be used under the arms, or on the hands or feet. You use it before you go to bed and then wash it off in the morning. You only need to use it about once every 3 days. I'd reccommend you go to the doctor and ask for it or something similar.
    The only thing is that it is pretty itchy for a while after you've put it on!!

good luck - x