Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

TimeSplitters 2

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
I need to rant about game release date slippage:

For crying out loud! I know I'm not the only one who wants to play this game. I absolutely love the first game and so am greatly looking forward to a sequel aways keeping a check on it's release dates and anything screenshots etc. There was one time it was ready for release and it slipped again about 2 weeks before it was due to be released. Don't get me wrong I hate it when you spend £40 on a game and think "Couldn't the developers have spent an extra 2 weeks or so getting rid of annoying bugs (a la GT3)?". In fact having reserved a PS2, ISS and the original TimeSplitters it was the TimeSplitters game that arrived two weeks late because Dixons "couldn't keep up with demand"

What could possibly make a game slip from a release in March to a release (checks latest release date) to September?! Especially as I was originally promised to be playing it by February by Eidos as they were meant to be sending a preview of the game. Way back at Christmas I surprised a few people on our website as when I was asked for my "most anticipated game for 2002" I didn't say MGS2, or even Medal of Honour: Frontline but TimeSplitters 2.

TimeSplitters 2 is simply the slippery-ist game ever (not) released. Avoiding disaster I'll be getting the game when it's released, either directly by Eidos for review or by me running into my nearest games shop and screaming "Here, take my money!!". The game will be released, get brilliant review scores, be offically The Best Thing Ever and all will be forgiven :)

Eidos and Free Radical Design why do you torment me so?!

*off to rant so more - a bit more constructively*
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Originally posted by RNT
    the dates usually slip if theres still a fundamental part of the game still to be finished, don't want a unfinished game do you?

It slipped from March to September. In that time it'd be possible to make a few new levels, characters, weapons and iron out everything. I remember Resident Evil 2 slipping back nearly a year and Metal Gear Solid was "Best Game On Show" at E3 at least twice (possibly three) :eek:

When I do get hold of it if I find just one bug I'm gonna be so annoyed
  • Options
    Ego, I know, you're not the only one who loved timesplitters, I thought it was absolutely great! I want to get the sequeal as soon as it comes out, but I don't think I'll have the cash for a while unfortunately. I owe somebody £40, need spending money for a holiday I'm going on in just over a week, and money for food, drink etc when I go to the Reading festival. And I only have £40 in the bank at the moment, so things aren't lookin good! :(