Home› Community Announcements
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

🎥 The Mix's movie afternoon ✨

GemmaGemma Community Manager Posts: 691 Incredible Poster
edited May 28 in Community Announcements
4kfh5lzbcv2k.png
Image description: The heading reads ‘The Mix’s movie night!’.

Do you love films?

We have some exciting news...we're going to be running a movie afternoon later this month! 🎥

When is the movie afternoon happening?
:star:Sunday 26 May 2024, 2-4pm :star:

How will the movie afternoon work?
A few days before the movie afternoon, you’ll receive an email with instructions on how to stream the film and join our group chat room where we can all text-chat together while watching the film at the same time.

The film will be shown on ITVx that is free to register on (no subscription set up needed).

What movie will we be watching?
Now that's down to you! We've chosen some family-friendly movies below that are available on ITVx and we'd love for you to vote on what film you'd like to watch. The most popular will be chosen! 💛

How do I sign up?
If you'd like to come along to the movie afternoon, make your vote below for the film and then SIGN-UP HERE: https://shorturl.at/avAHQ
[You might see some other funky events on the sign-up form... for more info on the exciting events we have planned this month - see our May Events thread!]

We can’t wait to see you there!

🎥 The Mix's movie afternoon ✨ 16 votes

Charlie & The Chocolate Factory
25%
Dancerebyrne556libbystrawberryZareia 4 votes
Grease
25%
One-in-a-millionChloe234Rose113Cosycore_Witch 4 votes
Legally Blonde
0%
Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted
12%
IsThisJustFantasyGingerEm 2 votes
The Imitation Game
6%
VicK_torious 1 vote
The Truman Show
31%
SpaceOtterits_lauraxAmy22BensonEIainJammyboy 5 votes
Post edited by Gemma on

Comments

• Options
    Cosycore_WitchCosycore_Witch Posts: 17 Settling in
    Grease
    I'm not sure why but when I try and log in to sign up it tells me I have to use my work email instead of personal one, I don't get technology 🤣
    "I grieve in stereo, the stereo sounds strange
    I know that if you hide, it doesn't go away" ~ MGMT
  • Options
    edited May 2
    Oops sorry @Cosycore_Witch I think the form wasn't opened for public responses but that should be fixed now if you'd like to sign-up! <3
  • Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,093 Community Veteran
    The Truman Show
    Hi I might be able to come to this but I have accidentally voted without signing up whoops silly me :joy: I kind of sped-read. I might decide to sign up. Sorry I voted before signing up <3
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    No worries at all @Amy22! Would be lovely to see you there if you can make it <3
  • Options
    The Truman Show
    Gemma wrote: »
    No worries at all @Amy22! Would be lovely to see you there if you can make it <3

I might actually sign up for it as it is on a Sunday and I should be able to attend :).
  • Options
    BensonEBensonE Posts: 135 The Mix Convert
    The Truman Show
    I think I voted
  • Options
    Just bumping this as a reminder to sign-up for our movie afternoon happening this Sunday! <3

It's not too late to sign up: https://shorturl.at/avAHQ
  • Options
    Hey everyone - just a reminder for everyone signed up to attend - our movie afternoon is happening today at 2pm! Joining details have been emailed to everyone signed up <3
  • Options
    The Truman Show
    I can't wait going to be really looking forward to watching a film and having a nice catch-up
  • Options
    Thank you so much to everyone who came along to our movie afternoon - I really enjoyed chatting with you all and watching The Truman Show! <3

Feel free to continue the discussions here - was so interesting to hear all your thoughts on the film. :)
  • Options
    The Truman Show
    Thank you @Gemma and @TheMix for creating another wonderful mix movie night. I got to say these have been super super brilliant and I also really loved The Truman Show, it was pretty good and better than what I expected the movie to turn out like. <3. A very insightful film which looks at the themes of reality and free will x.
  • Options
    IsThisJustFantasyIsThisJustFantasy Posts: 13 Settling in
    I loved the comedic moments. It's a thought-provoking film that raises intriguing questions about reality. Seeing Truman struggling at sea made me worried about whether he would survive but when he did I was blown away. The film was very entertaining and I'm happy he got his freedom. Just fantastic.
  • Options
    edited May 27
    Amy22 wrote: »
    Thank you @Gemma and @TheMix for creating another wonderful mix movie night. I got to say these have been super super brilliant and I also really loved The Truman Show, it was pretty good and better than what I expected the movie to turn out like. <3. A very insightful film which looks at the themes of reality and free will x.
    I loved the comedic moments. It's a thought-provoking film that raises intriguing questions about reality. Seeing Truman struggling at sea made me worried about whether he would survive but when he did I was blown away. The film was very entertaining and I'm happy he got his freedom. Just fantastic.

Lovely to hear your thoughts on this @Amy22 and @IsThisJustFantasy! It definitely is thought-provoking and definitely leaves you questioning reality. I feel like it's quite a timeless film as it now resonates with our current age of live streams and social media making ordinary people feel as if they're making their own reality TV show. I also love the final segment of the film - seeing Truman willing to go into the unknown, going against the created existence, and being okay with the dangers of what's out there. :)
  • Options
    IsThisJustFantasyIsThisJustFantasy Posts: 13 Settling in
    @Gemma i agree and I think Truman was brave to go into the unknown. I think starting over after years of living in a reality TV show can be difficult, and I think Truman knew this and he’s very resilient for accepting that and going after his reality without allowing his created existence to pull him back.
  • Options
    @Gemma i agree and I think Truman was brave to go into the unknown. I think starting over after years of living in a reality TV show can be difficult, and I think Truman knew this and he’s very resilient for accepting that and going after his reality without allowing his created existence to pull him back.

100% agree with you there @IsThisJustFantasy! He definitely overcame the odds and was very brave to make that move. :)