Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

I did it again TW: kinks

Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,033 Community Veteran
I did it bloody fucking again didn't I? I read bluerry tf's on devinart, wiki on both my laptop and phone. I also read some feedee stories as well and god I hate myself sometimes. I feel bad that I read them. I dont know sorry. I clear my history and I used my phone as well as my laptop this morning. WHy do I have to be such a weirdo?
Just a person who likes pop culture and films

Comments

• Options
    ellaella Community Manager Posts: 92 Budding Regular
    edited April 27
    @Amy22 I am hearing that you are feeling really ashamed about what you like, but I am here to remind you that kinks really are normal! Everyone has their own experiences with their sexual script, and yours are no different. You are not a weirdo because of your kink, Amy, and this is a completely judgement free space for you to talk about all your feelings around it <3

The most important thing is that kinks are safe, consensual, and don't hurt anyone – and by the sounds of it, yours ticks all those boxes! There's nothing wrong with enjoying what you enjoy, especially when it's done responsibly.

Keep reaching out if you need to- we are here to listen :star:
  • Options
    ameliaJayneameliaJayne Moderator Posts: 62 Boards Initiate
    @Amy22 I understand that you are feeling guilt and shame around your kinks. These feelings must be really difficult to sit with.
    I just want to remind you that your kinks are okay and you don't need to feel this way for embracing who you are. Try to remind yourself that it is okay to accept your kinks and lean into them. Just because your kinks may be different to other peoples does not mean that they are wrong or shameful in any way.

You are not alone in this. You can talk to us freely with no judgement. Your feelings are valid and you deserve to feel accepted and supported.

Be kind to yourself. You are an amazing person. <3
  • Options
    sinead276sinead276 Posts: 1,074 Wise Owl
    @Amy22 - like ella has said, you aren't a weirdo for liking what you like, and as long as it is safe, then there's nothing wrong with it.

I know its a lot easier said than done, but it's nothing to feel guilty about or anything. we all like different things and thats just part of life. So try not to beat yourself up too much about it.

Sending hugs
    Sinead :3
  • Options
    Thank a lot everyone for the kind messages <3
  • Options
    BensonEBensonE Posts: 102 The Mix Convert
    @Amy22 weird kinks is nothing to be ashamed of
  • Options
    Thank you so much @BensonE

I am feeling much much better now and I think I was just really anxious at the time but I am starting to tell myself that reading those stories are okay and that there is nothing bad about reading them as long as I am not harming anyone or myself. Thank you so so much I really appreciate it as I find I don;t often talk about my kinks as much and it is so nice to be able to talk about them on here with a safe and trusted community. Thank you so much <3.
  • Options
    Amy22 wrote: »

I am feeling much much better now and I think I was just really anxious at the time but I am starting to tell myself that reading those stories are okay and that there is nothing bad about reading them as long as I am not harming anyone or myself. Thank you so so much I really appreciate it as I find I don;t often talk about my kinks as much and it is so nice to be able to talk about them on here with a safe and trusted community. Thank you so much <3.

I know
  • Options
    BensonE wrote: »

I know

I know the feeling*
  • Options
    @BensonE Yeah I find it can be hard kind of talking about your interests and kinks without feeling nervous or shame for it. I think it is easier to hide sometimes behind a mask than being my authentic self because I find it much more easier.
  • Options
    Masking is often easier
  • Options
    lunarcat522lunarcat522 Posts: 432 Listening Ear
    I am feeling much much better now and I think I was just really anxious at the time but I am starting to tell myself that reading those stories are okay and that there is nothing bad about reading them as long as I am not harming anyone or myself.

Hey @Amy22 I've been on the boards a bit recently and loved seeing your comment here so wanted to chime in just to say what a huge step this is because I know this has been something that has been bothering you a lot for a while so just wanted to congratulate you on this! It's one thing to try to take this on board from comments and a whole other ball game attempting to change your mindset - it's incredible to see that you're starting to do this, and so quickly! Just wanted to acknowledge the progress you've made, it might seem small to you but from an outsider perspective it seems pretty monumental so well done! :3

I know it's rough and things won't always be smooth sailing but try to remember moments like this, you've shown that you have the strength to not let the negative thoughts win. We're all rooting for you <3

• Options
    Thank you so much @lunarcat522 I am slowly starting to feel better and I think really I may have been overthinking a lot recently.
  • Options
    lunarcat522lunarcat522 Posts: 432 Listening Ear
    @Amy22 We'll always be here to help you through it whenever you need! <3
  • Options
    Thank you so much @lunarcat522 I am slowly starting to feel better and I think really I may have been overthinking a lot recently.

Over thinking is normal
  • Options
    Thank you so much folks it's super sweet!!.