Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Confusion

BensonEBensonE Posts: 100 The Mix Convert
So recently I met up with a friend and it felt weird like there was more then just friendship energy between us however it was kinda uncomfortable for me because she has a boyfriend and honestly I've never met the guy but I don't like him

Reasons I'm confused is simple when we met she apologised for looking like a tramp (she was in joggers whilst I was wearing jeans). We then bickered on what cafe to go too and when at the cafe she apologised for not being lady like. Due to the vibe got from situation I was being mega gentleman like and was giving real eye contact and not fake. This was before she apologised for not being lady like. After cafe we walk around town and she stopped to sort her shoe so I stopped (about 4 to 7 foot away tops) and ask if she was okay and got ignored so I stood there keeping a eye on her to make sure nothing happened. She then after sorted her shoe out jokingly moaned that I didn't stand over her protecting her

We then wait to primemark where she said to try and embarrass me and a bit later on we made a few inappropriate jokes with her making a mega funny one

Then she walked me to the station and spoke about meeting up again when she next back from uni and she then invited me to her birthday party. She then told me to tell her when I got home

I don't know if I'm over reading this situation or what

Comments

• Options
    It probably don't help just before this I had a really messy friend breakup with someone I was talking too who was sending me massive mix messages and was mega confusing me
  • Options
    Any advice much appreciated
  • Options
    Orchid059Orchid059 Moderator Posts: 42 The answer to life, the universe, and everything
    Hi @BensonE the beginnings of a relationship whether romantic or platonic can be a very exciting time. It sounds like you both have an interest in one another based off your joking attitude and friendly teasing towards one another. I recommend to continue to meet up with each other as long as you're enjoying each others company and having fun, and if feelings progress from that then you can work from there. I would try and avoid putting too much pressure on the situation but also if you feel like you are getting mixed signals from her then it is perfectly reasonable to ask her how she feels about the situation because no one deserves to be messed around.

Keep being what seems to be your kind, genuine and charming self and that is all you can do. Hopefully she will make her feelings known to you if she is interested romantically but remember it can be very daunting to admit ones feelings to someone else so remember to be patient and kind.

Keep us updated with how you get on- all the best! <3
  • Options
    So, we met last July on a ressy we both staffed and Appreantly since then she told her boyfriend about me and said I'm a friend whom doesn't have a crush on her

So it was a previous person who sent me mixed signals she isn't doing that necessarily
  • Options
    @Orchid059 like I said above its not that black and white. Don't help she seems to be stuck in a toxic relationship which she went back too but even though it toxic it feels wrong with what I can best described as flirting, I return it because I felt bad not doing that
  • Options
    Sunshine12Sunshine12 Posts: 90 Budding Regular
    BensonE wrote: »
    @Orchid059 like I said above its not that black and white. Don't help she seems to be stuck in a toxic relationship which she went back too but even though it toxic it feels wrong with what I can best described as flirting, I return it because I felt bad not doing that

Hey, I’m deffo no expert in relationship advice kinda stuff, but if you’re getting those kinda vibes from her and it’s making u feel uncomfortable, honestly the best thing to do would be to tell u how u feel in a lighthearted way, if she says she’s just joking then it can be laughed off as u seem to have a good friendship but if she says she has feelings for u, then that’s something she should sort with her boyfriend too before anything is pursued.
  • Options
    @Sunshine12 it's a bit complicated because she dumped him last year because I encouraged her too and i never felt comfortable enough to make a move. Mostly because it was too fresh and within 3 months they was dating again

Also don't help she told him I'm a friend that doesn't have a crush on her not sure if that's a good or bad thing. Could be her way to get him to back down and not worry about me
  • Options
    So atmo all I'm doing is keeping our friendship going and just do what she confident with as long as it doesn't cross a line

Flirting I see as okay because I have some mega flirty friends and the way we met means we created a very different and strong bond. We met on a ressy we both staffed together