Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Waking up

ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 3,981 Community Veteran
If u wake up in a bad mood, u think of a person tht stresses u out n go on a texting rampage to a friend about tht person. How do u help urself?
Crazy mad insane

Comments

• Options
    GemmaGemma Community Manager Posts: 605 Incredible Poster
    edited April 7
    Hey @ellie2000, we all wake up in a bad mood some days and that's okay. Is this something you experienced recently?

Sometimes it can be helpful for us to vent to our friends about our stressors and that can be a source of relief for us.

I often find that waking up early enough to make time for myself in the mornings is really important to have a good start to my day, such as sitting outside with a drink, or calling my mum. Doing things in the morning that help you relax and focusing on things that make you happy can be a way to relieve yourself from some of those thoughts and stresses. :)
  • Options
    @Gemma I wake up like the time if I went through the trauma the nite b4. It happens often, how do u manage tht 1?
    I used to purge hoping feelings would go away
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    Sunshine12Sunshine12 Posts: 90 Budding Regular
    @ellie2000 hey, I love to journal all my feelings of anger/upset, it may not help u the same but it’s deffo worth a try, sending lots of love ❤️
  • Options
    Orchid059Orchid059 Moderator Posts: 42 The answer to life, the universe, and everything
    Hi @ellie2000 glad to see you reaching out to us. I understand how venting to a friend may be useful when dealing with stressful things as they are often a useful source of support and advice. I often quite usually rely on my family members too. Is there anyone in your family you feel comfortable talking to about this?

The ways I go about brightening my mood in the mornings include having a good breakfast and listening to a podcast. Sometimes if I have time in the morning I will take my dog out for a quick walk because I think fresh air is really helpful to clear your mind and lift your spirits.

Keep us updated with how you are feeling and remember, the Mix Community is always here if you need someone to talk to or a source of support <3
  • Options
    @Sunshine12 @Orchid059 @Gemma I scared of ppls reactions, n wen I do get asked to tlk about anything I've written I leave for a l8r date, y?
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    GemmaGemma Community Manager Posts: 605 Incredible Poster
    It's understandable you would be worried about people's reactions @ellie2000 - it can be really validating when we find someone that we feel safe opening up to. We're always here to listen. <3

Sometimes it can be difficult for us to open up about tough things and that's totally normal. We often want to protect ourselves from reliving those emotions. You should never be pressured into talking about things you're uncomfy with. <3