Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Do you drive?

FordRangerFordRanger Posts: 1,306 Wise Owl
Thought I'd ask here who drives and who doesn't. I do.

Comments

• Options
    Chloe234Chloe234 Community Champion Posts: 2,175 Boards Champion
    I don't
  • Options
    AnonymousToeAnonymousToe Posts: 1,022 Wise Owl
    No, I’m too scared to learn yet
  • Options
    No, I’m too scared to learn yet

Fair enough there's no rush, do it whenever you're ready.
  • Options
    Rose113Rose113 Community Champion Posts: 1,091 Wise Owl
    Nah too young
    ✨ Just a stupid worthless freak ready to give up ✨
  • Options
    JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,319 Part of The Furniture
    I don't. I probably would have needed to if I stayed in Cornwall, but once I moved to London there was really no point. I want to though - just to have the skill if nothing else.
    The truth resists simplicity.
  • Options
    Rose113Rose113 Community Champion Posts: 1,091 Wise Owl
    @JustV how did u move to London without driving :p do you have a magic carpet instead :lol:
    ✨ Just a stupid worthless freak ready to give up ✨
  • Options
    DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,804 Master Poster
    I don`t drive yet but I`m hoping to learn in the future.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Options
    Chloe234Chloe234 Community Champion Posts: 2,175 Boards Champion
    JustV wrote: »
    I don't. I probably would have needed to if I stayed in Cornwall, but once I moved to London there was really no point. I want to though - just to have the skill if nothing else.

Omg you lived in Cornwall?? Imagine If we met without realising in the past 🤣 (unlikely ik but still hahaha)
  • Options
    JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,319 Part of The Furniture
    River wrote: »
    @JustV how did u move to London without driving :p do you have a magic carpet instead :lol:
    Several gruelling train journeys with lots of bags :sweat_smile:
    The truth resists simplicity.
  • Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,022 Community Veteran
    Im old enough to drive but driving excites and terrifies me like especially with reaction times and when to change gears and that. I find it quite confusing most of the time. It is something that I would like to fully participate in some day when I feel a bit more confident and fully ready to learn.

@JustV That's exactly me at the moment travelling back and forth to work every single day!. Also, trains when they don't turn me is even more frustrating. I wish I could have had a teleporter so I could teleport to work instead.
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,515 Skive's The Limit
    I’ve got a five day crash corse starting tomorrow
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    @Siena good luck
  • Options
    sinead276sinead276 Posts: 1,062 Wise Owl
    i don't drive

I had a couple of lessons a few years ago but then circumstances changed and I stopped. Although I probably should start again at some point

also good luck @Siena with your crash course - you'll do great im sure :3
  • Options
    IainJammyboyIainJammyboy Posts: 933 Part of The Mix Family
    I drive the golf car at work but not allowed to properly drive cause of my epilepsy lol
  • Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,022 Community Veteran
    Siena wrote: »
    I’ve got a five day crash corse starting tomorrow

Wishing you the best @Siena hope it goes well <3
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    @Siena hope it went alright 👍