Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Palestine and Israel

dyoverdxdyoverdx Posts: 49 Boards Initiate
edited March 7 in Politics & Debate
I’m not saying either side is perfect and I’m not biased on Palestine nor Israel.
I condemn what happened on October 7th but I can’t help but feel sad when I read about what’s happening to these innocent civilians in Gaza.
Their human rights are stripped and it’s inhumane.
Also I see how psychopathic some of the pro Israel people are in social media. They’re proud of the killings and have no remorse.
On the other hand I am aware that Hamas is a terrorist group and deserves to be punished.
But what about the innocent civilians?
It really upsets me and I recognise how grateful I should be to live in this country.
What are your thoughts?
“Most people are so ungrateful to be alive. But not you. Not anymore.”
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 3,998 Community Veteran
    Hi @dyoverdx you are definitely not alone about thinking about what what is happening in Gaza and Israel right now. I have also been feeling the same recently about what has been going on especially for innocent civilians living their lives and just wanting peace. It must be awful for them to have to wake up and wonder if they will survive it all. I also have been struggling and I am unbias though I would say that I do feel like Israel maybe may have taken things too far with Palestine and decided that instead of having a proper chat and discussion about the situation, they decided to go full war with them. I think also because there is the terrorist group as well it is quite confusing as you and I don't know who is exactly in the right or wrong really. I hope you are feeling okay during this difficult time right now <3. Genocide and war must be a very horrendous thing for anyone to go through or witness secondary wise.
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,313 Part of The Furniture
    Just chipping in briefly to say I've moved this thread to Politics and Debate :)
    The truth resists simplicity.
  • Options
    I don't know if this helps but recently in my area a lot of my friends and people I know who are artists and creators have took part in the Quilt for Palenstine event. In my area each person would make a square or patch which they would take to be sewn onto a massive big quilt which was going to be sent as a form of protest and ceasefire in Gaza. A few of my friends took part and I wasn't able to take part sadly because I coulden't travel to the place where they were making the quilt and patches. However, I have been considering raising awareness about it in my workplace as well as making small crochet Palestine flags that I could put on my desk.
  • Options
    Also apologies for my really bad spelling.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Israeli has been oppressing Palestinians, and annexing their land for over 70 years.
    A genocide is occurring in Gaza and the world is simply watching.
    Weekender Offender