Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Anyone else out of work?

FordRangerFordRanger Posts: 1,303 Wise Owl
I am atm, I get down sometimes about it and feel a bit alone with it. I want to see if there is anyone I can relate to.

Comments

• Options
    lunarcat522lunarcat522 Posts: 426 Listening Ear
    @FordRanger I'm not working currently when most of my friends are so I completely get where you're coming from as it can feel quite isolating and I often feel quite guilty or shameful about it. I try to remind myself I'm still doing things outside of work that matter a lot to me and despite not working, I do have a lot on my plate so I'm trying to give myself a bit of slack for my current position. I'm not entirely sure of my capability of working a typical job as I had to quit my previous one after only around 7 months due to chronic pain and it was really debilitating me despite the job being part time. I'm still figuring things out and that's okay.
  • Options
    Abigail123Abigail123 Posts: 33 Boards Initiate
    @FordRanger yeah i cant work due to mental health and physical helath at the moment it gets to me a lot as i feel isolated. I'm sure you do. i can relate so much. sending hugs. its so hard hope your alright though. do u have any hobbies you like to do?
  • Options
    Abigail123 wrote: »
    @FordRanger yeah i cant work due to mental health and physical helath at the moment it gets to me a lot as i feel isolated. I'm sure you do. i can relate so much. sending hugs. its so hard hope your alright though. do u have any hobbies you like to do?

@Abigail hopefully things work out for you soon. I have hobbies but they require money a bit so I have not been able to do them much but I'm hoping when I get a job I can do them soon after. Thanks for your reply.
  • Options
    edited March 3
    @FordRanger I'm not working currently when most of my friends are so I completely get where you're coming from as it can feel quite isolating and I often feel quite guilty or shameful about it. I try to remind myself I'm still doing things outside of work that matter a lot to me and despite not working, I do have a lot on my plate so I'm trying to give myself a bit of slack for my current position. I'm not entirely sure of my capability of working a typical job as I had to quit my previous one after only around 7 months due to chronic pain and it was really debilitating me despite the job being part time. I'm still figuring things out and that's okay.

@lunarcat522 if you don't mind me asking do you go uni or college or anything or just fully not doing anything atm? I try to remind myself I'm doing stuff too outside work even though its not a lot. I was worried I wont cope in a job too but I think I should be ok just working part-time then increasing my hours when I'm settled maybe. I'm figuring things out too, I have tried a few stuff which haven't gone too well which has been tough but I am trying again still. I'm not going to give up hopefully both of us get sorted soon with work.
  • Options
    @FordRanger I'm at college and I do bits of volunteering here and there
  • Options
    @FordRanger I'm at college and I do bits of volunteering here and there

Thats good, Im at college too atm but it's not like everyday and not like long course like most colleges are September till summer time. I just want to get sorted with work really, get an income and a routine etc.
  • Options
    @FordRanger What course are you doing? Sounds good :)
  • Options
    @FordRanger What course are you doing? Sounds good :)

@lunarcat522 it's like a foundation course, it's ok, I have been to college previously and I didnt like it then but I prefer it now
  • Options
    edited March 4
    @Abigail123 , I think I tagged the wrong user before but thanks for replying. I wanted to ask if you don't mind answering, are you at school college or uni or volunteering or anything or are you just fully out of work atm? You don't have to say if you don't want to obviously but I thought id ask, just to relate to someone.
  • Options
    Abigail123Abigail123 Posts: 33 Boards Initiate
    @FordRanger yeah so I'm in a gap year which I was forced to take. I don't know what I'm doing in September I'm just seeing how it goes. I am trying to do volunteering but due to mental health I'm finding it hard to get some so I'm not doing anything it's super hard.
  • Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,011 Community Veteran
    I wanna give a massive hug to those who are struggling at the moment trying to find employment. I know finding employment can be super trickey and a right old challenge. But I'd say never give up and keep trying each day, it can still be volunteering or doing unpaid work as that gives you experience you can add to your cv in the future. I am part of an apprenticeship and eventhough I am currently on a work placement, I have had also small worries about whether the company will decide to extend my contract with them further on and I get kept on as full time staff. However, it is totally okay to feel unsure and nervous about employment as it can be quite difficulty getting interviews, the right adjustments and things needed to thrive in the work place. Again I am always here too if anyone wants to talk <3.
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    Abigail123 wrote: »
    @FordRanger yeah so I'm in a gap year which I was forced to take. I don't know what I'm doing in September I'm just seeing how it goes. I am trying to do volunteering but due to mental health I'm finding it hard to get some so I'm not doing anything it's super hard.

@Abigail123 , hopefully things get better, hopefully this volunteering role goes well. I'll have to just see how things go after college. We will both end up doing well soon though
  • Options
    Thanks for the replies everyone here, hopefully everything works out for all of us.
  • Options
    Sunshine12Sunshine12 Posts: 90 Budding Regular
    @FordRanger hey you're deffo not alone in it, I'm currently unemployed and have no luck in finding a new job, it's especially hard since my last job didn't go too well because of my anxiety.
  • Options
    @Sunshine12 Thanks for replying and I hope you get sorted soon