Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

any suggestions for an extra gcse option

libbystrawberrylibbystrawberry Community Champion Posts: 586 Incredible Poster
edited March 27 in Work & Study
basically im kinda confused abt what i should pick for my last option ik that im going to pick geography, rs and german but idk what to pick for my last subject i was thinking economics or media studies but im not sure tbh so if u guys have any suggestions abt what u picked and whats easy it would be appreciated :)
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,801 Master Poster
    I chose Spanish, Photography, Health and Social Care and Dance. Not all schools offer GCSE Photography but it`s a brilliant subject if your school does offer it. What I will say is that it can be hard to balance your time with all the work so it`s important to keep up when you first start so you don`t fall behind. Otherwise, Health and Social Care could be a great option.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Options
    AnonymousToeAnonymousToe Posts: 1,018 Wise Owl
    I would say just pick what you think you’d enjoy or be good at. I feel like that’s the best way to find something that’s easy for you. I dont know anything about economics and media but I’d guess if you’re good at and enjoy maths then economics shouldn’t be too difficult.
  • Options
    amy02amy02 Moderator Posts: 124 The Mix Convert
    @libbystrawberry just to add in that it's always worth doing the subjects you enjoy most! When you've got a lot of revision / coursework to do it'll be more motivating if you actually find the information interesting :3
  • Options
    amy02 wrote: »
    @libbystrawberry just to add in that it's always worth doing the subjects you enjoy most! When you've got a lot of revision / coursework to do it'll be more motivating if you actually find the information interesting :3

thats the thing tho i dont find any subjects interesting and i dont enjoy any subjects which is why im more confused
  • Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,011 Community Veteran
    Hi @libbystrawberry I noticed that you mentioned about finding it hard to enjoy certain topics that you find particuarly interesting. I also kind of relate to this too in a way especially when I did my GSCE'S. I took media, art and drama as my three options and I had to do a compulsary gcse called welsh bac which I didn't find interesting. But for my project in that class, I decided to do on something I found interesting and a topic I liked so when I went to that class I knew that I would be doing something I enjoyed. I think with GCSE'S, it can be so hard to choose what to pick and do. Geography sounds very interesting as well as German too as learning different languages can be very interesting and cool at times. Id say the most important thing is to choose a subject that you know you find enjoyable and when you go to that class you can think 'yes I got my favourite class'. It could even be a subject that could even be relaxing as I took 'art' to use as part of my down time and relaxation. I think also turning the classes into a game as well as studying can also be helpful so when you are studying, it is like a game. I don't know if this might be helpful but I want to send you a virtual hug and all the best for your GCSE'S this year. <3
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    @Amy22 thanks so much amy thats really helpful <3
  • Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,011 Community Veteran
    @Amy22 thanks so much amy thats really helpful <3

No worries the main thing is that you find a subject that you really enjoy the most and will find engaging so it doesn't feel like a chore rather something you can just do and say 'I am enjoying this actually'. I did media studies actually and I did find it quite interesting but it can be quite a bit of coursework but honestly you do get to study films and people in that. <3. Again I am always here if you need any advice or guidance from someone who did the GCSES and A Levels :)
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    Sunshine12Sunshine12 Posts: 90 Budding Regular
    @libbystrawberry hey, i remember when i picked my gcse options it felt very daunting. I think the most important think is picking something u know you'll find interesting otherwise it's hard to stay motivated, so if ur creative media studies would be great! i did photography and that was something I loved so it didn't even feel like work! also, i'd consider how you like to be assessed, as i'd guess that economics would be more exam based than media studies? hope this helps :)