Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Hospital

Abigail123Abigail123 Posts: 47 Boards Initiate
Hey,
So I'm at hospital right now getting my foot checked out as I've injured it in ballet when on pointes. This hospital brings back so many bad memories, so hard being here and just hoping I've not broken my ankle
Abigail

Comments

• Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,023 Community Veteran
    Hi @Abigail123 I hope you are feeling okay and that you have been checked out soon. Oh no I bet that must be super painful for you injuring your foot especially if its a ballet injury. I hope you have a speedy recover real soon. Get well soon.

Sending hugs,

Amy22 <3.
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    @Amy22 thanks yeah it's a really bad sprain. But can't dance for about 6 weeks now 😔
  • Options
    lunarcat522lunarcat522 Posts: 426 Listening Ear
    That sounds really difficult @Abigail123 as hospitals aren't very nice places to be in anyway, let alone if you have bad memories attached. I'm sorry to hear you can't dance for a while as I know you said previously that it really helps you. Do you have any other hobbies that you enjoy that are maybe a bit more accessible for the time being like reading or listening to music?
  • Options
    @lunarcat522 yeah i like diamond art and singing. so will probably spend my time on that but nothing can be better than dance. its only been a day and I'm so over this ankle lol
  • Options
    lunarcat522lunarcat522 Posts: 426 Listening Ear
    @Abigail123 Diamond art sounds quite relaxing! Try to keep in mind that if you rest properly it will make the recovery quicker so you can get back to dancing again! <3

Is there a way that you could still dance but just accommodate it so it's only using your upper body? I've seen some people doing dances in chairs and there's other exercises that do it too like chair yoga
  • Options
    @lunarcat522 yeah diamond art i can do sitting down so thats good. with the dance i do its all about your legs which is annoying. but i know if i try seated dancing I'm going to get frustrated as i love dancing around a room lol