Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Guy said drinking is trampy

FordRangerFordRanger Posts: 1,298 Wise Owl
edited February 6 in Home, Law & Money
We were talking about going to the pub, this guy said he wouldn't drink at home and everything. He said that "drinking at home is trampy as in cans, its a bit homelessly" which got to me a bit because I do it sometimes. I might be being a bit sensitive or like a snowflake letting it get to me, it might be because I am not 100 percent with my situation regarding work atm which most of you have probably seen from my other discussions. Tbf, I have reduced drinking at home not because of the comments, I just thought it was healthier but I still drink every now and then. The guy was saying ' drink at the pub if you want to drink. He said it a few times. It started with because we was thinking of going to the pub. It just got to me, I think it was the part about homeless thing that got to me a bit more but just it all kind of got to me too a little. I dont go pub atm, I prefer drinking at home, it's cheaper too but going pub us good too.

Comments

• Options
    AnonymousToeAnonymousToe Posts: 1,007 Wise Owl
    I’m just gonna say that person seems to be talking nonsense. They think a homeless person would drink AT HOME? I dont know if it’s just me being stupid but that makes no sense to me lol. I don’t drink, and neither do my parents, so i dont know what’s the norm but I wouldn’t judge people for drinking at home. It’s not up to that guy to tell you what to do anyway, if anything then he’s the problem in this situation.
  • Options
    edited February 6
    I’m just gonna say that person seems to be talking nonsense. They think a homeless person would drink AT HOME? I dont know if it’s just me being stupid but that makes no sense to me lol. I don’t drink, and neither do my parents, so i dont know what’s the norm but I wouldn’t judge people for drinking at home. It’s not up to that guy to tell you what to do anyway, if anything then he’s the problem in this situation.

I didnt think about like like that lol but yh it doesn't make sense really ha. Thanks for your hearts on my recent discussions including this one too.
  • Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,630 Legendary Poster
    I have never seen an issue with drinking at home. Sure if you're buying 12 cans and drinking them all in one night that's an issue but most people don't. I like a glass of wine at home or sometimes a few beers. The homeless thing is a weird comparison to make, he may be picturing people drinking on the street which to me is entirely different to enjoying a few drinks in your own home.
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    I have never seen an issue with drinking at home. Sure if you're buying 12 cans and drinking them all in one night that's an issue but most people don't. I like a glass of wine at home or sometimes a few beers. The homeless thing is a weird comparison to make, he may be picturing people drinking on the street which to me is entirely different to enjoying a few drinks in your own home.

Yh I don't drink anywhere near that many. Also yh it is pretty different.
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Posts: 0 The Mix Regular
    The user and all related content has been deleted.