Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

bullying

Rose113Rose113 Community Champion Posts: 1,091 Wise Owl
uhm so as some may know that i was having issues with someone....it all went quiet online and i thought theyd left me alone but they made another account....they messaged just to have a go at me and my friend who is like the mini version of me....out of everything they said them calling me my dead name hurt most....heres what they said word for word....

(also sorry if this is against rules to put..)
  1. " you annoy everyone "
  2. " stop faking everything "
  3. " (deadname) / (friends name) just stop being such a bitch "
  4. " stop tension seeking "
  5. " if your going to kill your then do it "
  6. " no one likes you "
  7. " fuck off you slag no one actually likes you "
  8. "fuck off "
✨ Just a stupid worthless freak ready to give up ✨

Comments

• Options
    lunarcat522lunarcat522 Posts: 426 Listening Ear
    @River I'm really sorry to hear you're experiencing this, it's a terrible thing for people to go. You don't annoy me and I don't think you're faking or attention seeking. Also just for some perspective it's not necessarily a bad thing for a person to be wanting attention, as that's almost like a form of communication, that they want to be seen/heard if they don't feel like they are, or just want a bit of support. Please don't listen to this person because they seem like they're putting a lot of effort into trying to hurt you and people like that don't deserve a moments thought. It's not true that no one likes you - I like you and you seem genuinely like a lovely, caring person, and you don't deserve this kind of hate, especially the deadnaming. I would maybe make a folder of screenshots when this happens in case you decide to take it to anyone or if messages get deleted. I would also try to ignore the messages and not respond as it means there's no ammunition or anything for them to go on, because it sounds like they're trying their hardest to get some form of reaction out of you. Would you feel in a position to tell someone or report/block them?
  • Options
    @lunarcat522 thank you ❤ yeah I blocked them but they made another account with my dead name in..
  • Options
    lunarcat522lunarcat522 Posts: 426 Listening Ear
    @River That's awful to hear, could you maybe make a different account?
  • Options
    @lunarcat522 yeah I have tho it's not helping much
  • Options
    StephanieStephanie Moderator Posts: 1,084 Wise Owl
    Hey @River

So sorry that this is happening to you, we are all here for you.

I agree with what has been said already about blocking them and reporting them.

Is there anyone you trust who you could talk to about this?

As somebody who was bullied online I know how hard it is. Something that helped me was not responding so that they didn't get that reaction from me.

I also put my social media pages on private this just gave me some extra security.

Also talking to people about how it was making me feel helped. It's really positive that you've reached out for support here because we care about you and you don't have to go through this alone :heart:

When it is happening it can feel like it's not going to end, but it will end and you can get through this.

Sending you hugs :smile:
                                   "Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if only one remembers to turn on the light" - Albus Dumbledore 

"Like when I was down you just had that smile that made me feel like everything's worthwhile. Thinking of the day when you went away, what a life to take, what a bond to break, I'll be missing you"

FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    Hey @Stephanie I've blocked them multiple times but they just don't stop :/ I have no one to tell especially in real life cos no one would care :s
  • Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,017 Community Veteran
    Hi @River I'm so sorry to hear that you have to go through that every day especially having to witness them also bully your friend too. Online bullying can be very difficult especially if you don't know the person behind the screen doing it. I am aware that you have been trying to block them but they have been making new accounts each time.

I don't know if this might be helpful but have you consider reporting the bullying either to someone you trust or even a teacher in school or a safeguarding officer in the school. As then they could look into and sort something for it <3. Hope you are okay at the moment, sending hugs <3
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films