Homeā€ŗ Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

What does the word 'resilience' mean to you? šŸ¤”

GemmaGemma Community Manager Posts: 610 Incredible Poster
Heya everyone, we're doing a bit of work around what the word resilience means to us. šŸŒŸ

We feel like it's one of those words which means different things to different people!

So what kind of things come to mind for you when you hear the word 'resilience'?

Comments

• Options
    sinead276sinead276 Posts: 1,062 Wise Owl
    to me resilience is the ability to have strength and face challenges as they come, and trying to not let the negative experiences define us, but instead teach us something and become stronger <3
  • Options
    AnonymousToeAnonymousToe Posts: 1,021 Wise Owl
    To me it means to keep fighting through whatever awful stuff happens to you, and to make it out the other side. My mum told me when I was little that I had no resilience at all, so I guess Iā€™m not very good at that lol
  • Options
    yanayana Community Champion Posts: 1,277 Wise Owl
    to me it means forcing myself not to give up. I've had a lot of problems with self control and addiction over the past few years and I find myself still struggling to force myself to do things, even little things. I was writing an essay earlier and had to stop and force myself to sit there and stay because I knew if I stopped writing I would never have the motivation to start again lol. it probably sounds stupid but sometimes little things are big.
    my brain is not braining the way brains are meant to brain
  • Options
    lunarcat522lunarcat522 Posts: 426 Listening Ear
    @Xee I completely agree, resilience to me is facing each day as it comes, not giving up, even if that just means taking it by each second that passes and breathing through it all.

I've had a lot of encounters with people implying I have no resilience and that's simply not true, I just deal with things differently. The fact I've made it through it all proves I do have resilience. It just looks different for me than it does for others
  • Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,017 Community Veteran
    To me resilience means keeping going when everything goes tougher or harder. It likes that saying when the going gets tough, keep going. I think its also knowing your limits and that sometimes you can't always go on and that it's okay to have a day off or relapse. We all do but it's also knowing that tomorrow we shall get up and simply carry on as normal.
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films