Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Possibly renting a flat, do they do income checks?

DistractionDistraction Posts: 450 Listening Ear
edited January 22 in Home, Law & Money
I have no idea how this all works.

I went to see a flat, applied for it and got asked additional questions, which I think is a good thing, because they must be considering me.

I said on the application that I was part time, going full time (I do pretty much full time hours, but only have a 16 hour contract)

They asked when I'll go full time, so I gave them a date for a few weeks time, I said I do full time hours the now and I'm waiting for my contract to be updated after my manager gets back from leave (I haven't actually asked my manager about going full time yet)

I'm basically asking if they'll ask to see a copy of my employment status or income checks or something.

I have a lot of savings so I have time to find an actually full time job if I start to struggle with my current job but I don't have time to find a new full time job to show the landlord if thats what they need to see

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    amy02amy02 Moderator Posts: 117 The Mix Convert
    Hey @Distraction did they specify in the rental listing that you have to be working full time? I'm not sure on the answer, but in my past experience the landlord has asked for proof of income.
  • Options
    DistractionDistraction Posts: 450 Listening Ear
    Hi @amy02

Thanks for trying to help!

so they did eventually ask for proof of income, they sent out digital forms, I've taken screenshots of payslips and savings so hopefully thats enough, I can move in on the 31st if I can prove I can pay through these form check things.

I know I'll be scarping by, but I'm ok with it, I just hope they are as well.