Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Are we sims in a simulator?

Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,022 Community Veteran
I just had the most randomest thought come into my brain while I was sitting here listening to music and reading some weird random fanfic that exists on the internet (and it does and I do question it sometimes lol). But I was thinking what if we humans are like part of something bigger maybe I don't know. Like for instance, we do certain things like waking up and going to bed and stuff and like what if there was something bigger controlling us. Like we are in some video game or simulation because sometimes I feel like we are in a simulation of sorts as we are being constantly tested and challenged by things. Is there another human being or a alien blob being just chilling in a spaceship playing The sims or something. This is something that sparks my interest and whether other people here may feel the same. Are we really sims character in a simulated world that have designed and pre-chosen by someone playing the game called life?.
Just a person who likes pop culture and films

Comments

• Options
    jess63jess63 Posts: 287 The Mix Regular
    I’ve heard a lot of people think about similar things. It’s weird to think we’re only one planet in the entire universe, who knows what goes on everywhere else. The theory always reminds me of the film Horton hears a who, have you ever seen it? It’s a funny film but basically there’s a whole entire world on a spec of dirt in the normal world. It’s crazy to think what else could be out there in our universe.
    The steps you take don't have to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction.
  • Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,022 Community Veteran
    I have seen Horton hears a who and I love it!!!. My Re teacher put it on in class once and it was so so interesting. Its like I had this theory that when I watched TV there was people actually inside the tv living and we were watching different universes <3.
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films