Home Community Announcements
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Support group guidance - staying present in one room at any one time 💛

GemmaGemma Community Manager Posts: 605 Incredible Poster
edited January 13 in Community Announcements
Heya lovely lovely Mixers! Just a wee ask from the team on joining support groups - we are aware that many chatters like to jump between Support Chat and General Chat throughout the night. This is totally okay to do this as we know that it helps to take a break from Support and join GC for some time (and to say hey to the mods 🤪).

However, if people are present and chatting in two rooms at once (not sure how people have the multi-tasking abilities for this 😅), this does make things a bit tough for the mods to manage any tricky situations and provide folks with the best support.

Totally okay to switch rooms throughout the night, but it would be great if we could ask you to please stay present in only one room at any one time as this will help us to best support you, and also makes the mods' jobs easier in helping to keep the rooms safe!

Any q's, let us know below. 😊

Comments

• Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,015 Community Veteran
    I have tended to do this a lot in the past especially when I was in support group I would jump between general and support now and then especially when general got quite quiet. Im glad though you mentioned about this as it can avoid confusion too for people. thanks for posting :)
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,319 Part of The Furniture
    Thank you @Amy22! It's an easy habit to slip into. :)
    The truth resists simplicity.
  • Options
    JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,319 Part of The Furniture
    Thanks @independent_! This is a good shout - there are some significant technical limitations with out Support Group platform, and unfortunately SR compatibility is one of them.

Even accessibility aside, the mod team knows that leaving rooms isn't the most intuitive process, even for regulars, so it's just a case of doing the best you can really. :)
    The truth resists simplicity.