Home General Chat Positivity Corner
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Thank you <3

JJLemon18JJLemon18 Community Champion Posts: 1,926 Extreme Poster
So. Its been a year since I joined the mix, minus one month. But my life started turning around since this time last year with a situation with my neighbours (that I mentioned once I believe), and a wellbeing person at uni that I was discussing this with noticed how I was super anxious, and since then I finally decided reaching out for support with my mental health, not knowing how bad it actually was. One of the resources I was given was a link to a mh site where I could talk about what I'm struggling with with other people who are also struggling. But turns out that site was no longer supported by my university so I couldn't log in, I was so devastated. And upon reaching out to tell them, they instead recommended me a site called The Mix... and here I am.

So getting that origin story out of the way. I really wanted to thank this community for everything; all the support, all the advice, all the listening ears and all the kind words. All the fun quizzes and random laughs throughout the year. This community has completely changed my life, more than any therapist could (though tbf if I had a therapist available for free 24/7 then I guess they would also help a lot :lol: though still not as much). I've learnt so much, about myself, about life, about so many things!
Sorry if this sounds weird or cringey but I'm serious, I never thought talking to random people on the internet would change my life so much. I never thought so many lovely people even existed! And come to think of it, you guys aren't so 'random' after all. I genuinely appreciate every single one of you. And I mean every, single, one. Those who have been replying to my posts, those who have been reacting, those who have been sharing their own struggles, those supporting others. Even those who are reading this thinking "who on earth is this guy?" I appreciate you too. Even the many people who will never see this message, cause of leaving the mix, or not reading posts on the boards, or it getting buried deep in the archives of the internet beneath all the other posts. I appreciate you all the same. You have all made this community this great place that it is.

So truly, from the bottom of my heart <3 thank you.

And wishing you all a very happy new year! Here's to another great year eh? Hoping that its much better than the last! (And hoping that I don't spend as much time on here anymore lol)
Believe in me - who believes in you

Comments

• Options
    Emma_Emma_ Community Manager Posts: 599 Incredible Poster
    What a lovely thing to read @JJLemon18

I have to say, it's been awesome to see you grow as part of our community this year. You've been such an awesome part of our crew on this little corner of the internet and a wonderful role model for others!

Here's to 2024 🎉
  • Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,017 Community Veteran
    This is so lovely to read @JJLemon18 and we all appreciate you so so much on here too!. Honestly, when I first met you I felt like a found an amazing and very supportive caring friend and this also goes out to everyone else on here too I have met on my journey. I couldn't have anyone more kinder, caring and supportive entering my life and you have been super understanding with me. Thank you for coming here now and then, you always brighten the room you are in. Here's to another amazing year with the mix <3. 🎉
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    JJLemon18JJLemon18 Community Champion Posts: 1,926 Extreme Poster
    @Amy22 Aww thats so so sweet, thank you!! :3
    Believe in me - who believes in you