Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Insecure about physicality

Random_donRandom_don Posts: 6 Confirmed not a robot
edited December 2023 in Health & Wellbeing
Yeah this may sound like a stupid thing, but basically I don't feel great about my physicality at the moment (for reference I'm 5'3, basically like a pencil as far as muscle and stuff goes). I realise it shouldn't really matter, but it does bother me a lot, so I decided that seeing as the new year is coming up I'm going to try and do stuff about it. I'm going to start actually bothering to go to the gym and I'm also going to try this supplement that's supposedly helps increase height (I can't remember what it's called off the top of my head, I'll put it up if anyone's interested). Basically, I just want anyone's advice, I realise this is a fairly rambling post but it's something I want to say.
Post edited by Gemma on

Comments

• Options
    ItaliaItalia Posts: 222 Trailblazer
    Hey @Random_don

Thanks for sharing what you're going through right now. It's not stupid at all, how we feel about our physicality has a big impact on our overall wellbeing. I'm glad you're talking about it here :)

We have edited your post slightly though, it's okay to talk about how you look and how you're feeling about that, but we try and leave specifics such as weight out of it as it can be triggering for other people. You can read more here, under safety. Drop us a line if you have any questions.

I hope you're doing okay, this time of the year can be tough as we reflect and evaluate, but I'm sure the community will have some advice for you in the coming days.

Keep reaching out and talking about it - this stuff is important.

Italia.

“People who wade into discomfort and vulnerability and tell the truth about their stories are the real badasses.”
    -
    Brene Brown

• Options
    kaiikaii Posts: 458 Listening Ear
    Hi @Random_don, thank you so much for sharing this with us. Please don't worry, it's not stupid at all, whatever you feel matters completely. I understand why this bothers you since physicality can really affect our self-image, confidence, and our mental health.

I hear that you're motivated to achieve your desired physicality. All I'll say is don't push yourself too hard, and give your body rest when it needs it (definitely easier said than done). The journey to reaching our goals can be very challenging at times, so for the days where it doesn't work out as much as you hoped, it can be handy to have some self-care strategies (e.g. reading a good book, listening to music) or to have something to look forward to. You deserve rewards along the way.

Hopefully all will go well for you next year! Feel free to keep us updated on any difficulties you face or what you've achieved.

Sending hugs <3
    cinnamoroll supremacy : )