Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

The police..

Rose113Rose113 Community Champion Posts: 1,089 Wise Owl
So samaritans called the police on me tonight cos of something I said 🙄 they got here life 5 mins ago and I messaged @faolan and @Dancer that they were here and that mum answered the door in Elf pyjamas.

To make light of the situation this is what @faolan says that had me crying from laughter.

"Welcoming the police into the grotto"

"Imagine what the police think when an elf opens the door though"

Then @Dancer said:

“Is this the right house? It looks more like Santa’s grotto”
✨ Just a stupid worthless freak ready to give up ✨

Comments

• Options
    Past UserPast User Posts: 0 The Mix Regular
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    Hey @River

Sorry to hear that the police were called. Were you able to get some support?

We are here for you. How are you doing this morning?
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
  • Options
    AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,035 Boards Guru
    We know it can be really tough having the police called so it's really lovely you're there supporting each other. It was so sweet reading through your messages of support @Dancer & @faolan <3

Let us know how you're feeling today @River. We're all here to support you :star:
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • Options
    JJLemon18JJLemon18 Community Champion Posts: 1,926 Extreme Poster
    faolan wrote: »
    Making light of situations is my fave thing to do :lol:

What does it mean to make light of a situation?

Also hope you're okay @River <3
    Believe in me - who believes in you
  • Options
    *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    JJLemon18 wrote: »

It means to see a funny or good side of something. I think.

" And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Posts: 0 The Mix Regular
    edited December 2023
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    JJLemon18JJLemon18 Community Champion Posts: 1,926 Extreme Poster
    JJLemon18 wrote: »

It means to see a funny or good side of something. I think.
    Ooh okay, in that case I love doing that too! I'm just worried most of the time that I'm being rude or belittling someone's situation, if that makes sense. So I don't do it as much.
    Believe in me - who believes in you
  • Options
    Rose113Rose113 Community Champion Posts: 1,089 Wise Owl
    edited December 2023
    They didn't help at all 🙄 other than gave me flashback, was a bitch towards me :/ didn't even need help I was fine. @Aife @*BananaMonkey*
    ✨ Just a stupid worthless freak ready to give up ✨