Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Can't accept my bpd diagnosis

IainJammyboyIainJammyboy Posts: 933 Part of The Mix Family
I just can't accept it or deal with that news especially that I'll have to deal with it for the rest of my life - and the amount of emotional suffering is just impossible to compare to anything else. I can't accept that the rest of my life will have to be suffering like this in and out of a and e just surviving, not even living a life anyone should have to live. Every fucking day I'm suicidal and miserable no matter what and until my inevitable suicide in the future I'm going to have to suffer like this - why me

Comments

• Options
    AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,035 Boards Guru
    Sending lots of strength your way @IainJammyboy <3

It can be really hard managing the news of a diagnosis and I can really hear how much you're suffering every day and how hard it is right now. I can't imagine how hard this is to go through day by day. You're so strong for fighting and surviving each day, and I'm really glad you found our community here. We'll always be here helping you through this, and hopefully it helps even just a little <3

How have things been since your diagnosis? Have you been referred for any support to help you?

I'm wondering if you've explored much of Mind's website? They have lots of information on BPD on their website such as ways to cope, and also some blogs from other people who've had DBT therapy which is often talked about as a helpful way to manage some of the feelings you've mentioned here.

Keep us updated with how you're feeling Iain and remember we're here, always a message away :star:
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • Options
    IainJammyboyIainJammyboy Posts: 933 Part of The Mix Family
    @Aife thanks - I mean I haven't got any support and I don't know why. I've still been just as bad, maybe even worse every single day - I've been talking to support groups and all that but alot of them did tell me in their 20s it was where it was at its absolute worst and they just had to deal with it but I don't think I have the strength to do that. I can't do this anymore
  • Options
    AnonymousToeAnonymousToe Posts: 1,021 Wise Owl
    @IainJammyboy idk anything about bpd but I can say that not everyone’s experiences will be identical, maybe this is the worst you’ll ever feel and it’ll soon get better? Please keep going, and I really hope you can get some support
  • Options
    amy02amy02 Moderator Posts: 124 The Mix Convert
    Hey @IainJammyboy I'm so sorry to hear you're going through such a hard time at the moment - I can't imagine how difficult it must be for you. Remember you are so strong to be here sharing this with us and we are all around to support you <3 As @Aife said, it could be useful to look around Mind's website for coping techniques, or going back to whoever diagnosed you to ask about support. I hope you find some comfort here in our community and please keep reaching out <3
  • Options
    *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    Hey @IainJammyboy

Just wanted to pop on and send you some hugs, we are all here for you and it’s positive that you are reaching out for support on here. :heart:

How are you feeling?

You got this.
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
  • Options
    anna0012anna0012 Moderator, Staff Posts: 17 Settling in
    Hello @IainJammyboy I'm sorry to hear you are going through a rough time. You've done really well opening up to us. You are probably much stronger than you think. You are not alone, we are here for you. Sending you hugs. <3