Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Feel like there's someone else in my own head

IainJammyboyIainJammyboy Posts: 942 Part of The Mix Family
Like a completely different person - different thoughts, opinions, moods - not in the way it's myself with different thoughts/opinions/moods but like someones literally infiltrated my brain and controlling everything - please help, I don't like this

Comments

• Options
    GemmaGemma Community Manager Posts: 614 Incredible Poster
    Hey @IainJammyboy, this sounds really frightening. It is really brave of you to share your experiences with us. I can really hear how distressing this is for you.

When you say that it feels like someone has infiltrated your brain and controlling everything, can you tell us a bit more about what this feels like and where you feel out of control?

I know you have mentioned before that you haven't always had the best experiences with support services but it is a good thing to reach out when you need it, and you certainly shouldn't be judged for it. What is your support looking like at the minute? :)

Keep us updated with how you are doing today - we really care about you <3
  • Options
    @Gemma thanks - it's just at a point where it's someone else's opinions, way of living and everything in my own mind where I'm trying to take control. I was just going to ask my cmht to refer me to the early psychosis intervention team as they were going to do before, but decided against it. Hopefully that will help
  • Options
    GemmaGemma Community Manager Posts: 614 Incredible Poster
    Hey @IainJammyboy, thank you for opening up about this. This sounds so tough and can't be easy to feel like you're out of control and aren't able to manage your own thoughts. Are there times where you find you are able to take back control?

That sounds like a really positive step to take in asking for a referral to the early psychosis intervention team. Have you been able to reach out to them yet?

Let us know how you're doing, we really care about you 💛
  • Options
    @Gemma kind of - at least right now, I'm just worried of a point where it will all be out my control. Tried reaching out to my cmht about 3 times last week but they've done fuck all to be honest
  • Options
    HarryTHarryT Community Manager Posts: 320 The Mix Regular
    Hey @IainJammyboy,

Just dropping by here to say you've done a really brave thing by trying to reach out to your CMHT, and it sounds frustrating that they've not been able to offer you the support that you were looking for so far.

You've mentioned that you're worried that things will reach a point where they're completely out of control. Am I hearing that right, Iain? Do you have a sense of what the indicators would be that you were reaching that point of things being out of control? We really appreciate your trust in opening up to us about this. You're doing really well.

Take good care, and we'll speak soon.
    Harry :3
    Hello amazing human (yes, that's YOU). I wish that you could see the amazing person who I see within you  ✨