Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Wellbeing

ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 4,008 Community Veteran
How do u focus on urself? Not worrying about other ppl n how their life's doin? Sometimes I think about wat ppl tell me, I Sometimes find a solution but it's really tiring wen I don't
Crazy mad insane

Comments

• Options
    ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 4,008 Community Veteran
    edited October 2023
    Is tht selfish, focusing on u?
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    lunarcat522lunarcat522 Posts: 449 Listening Ear
    @ellie2000 It's definitely not selfish to focus on yourself, it's not something you should feel apprehensive about! People often forget to take care of themselves before helping others. I personally focus on myself by reminding myself it's alright to take a break and not attempt to do everything all at once. I make time for myself by doing simple activities such as listening to music and reading, but everyone will have different ways they focus on themselves - it's about what works for you. It doesn't have to be major, just something small to help you with what you're needing. For me it's having time to destress after having lots of classes.
  • Options
    Katie12Katie12 Posts: 251 The Mix Regular
    @ellie2000 It is not selfish at all! you should always focus and take care of yourself in any way that you can before you can then help others. That way you're be better equipped to help others when you're feeling better yourself <3
  • Options
    LydsRose9LydsRose9 Posts: 106 The Mix Convert
    Hey @ellie2000 - putting yourself first is not selfish at all! It’s something that historically I think we have been taught to feel guilty about, but I think times are changing now, and people recognise that it’s a really positive thing to focus on you! I think a good way of doing this is just focussing on doing things that you enjoy, and not worrying about what others think about this. What do you enjoy doing for yourself? :3
    Keep fighting the good fight!