Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Existential crisis moment

IainJammyboyIainJammyboy Posts: 942 Part of The Mix Family
NON RELIGIOUS THOUGHTS!!!!!!
No one knows where we came from, even how the universe exists, we just arrived out of nowhere. We are here because of no meaning, no benefit but simply out of luck or just nothing at all. We all live and die with no meaning and no one to remember us, and time itself is just something we gave meaning to describe what we experience on earth, but who knows if it even exists out in the universe. I believe other life exists out there but what is their meaning, what do they do, how do they "live"? Maybe there's another way they exist that isn't in our definition of alive or dead, but simply exist? Maybe we don't exist at all, maybe we are different species that makes these simulations up for ourselves, maybe we make our own lives up to live over and over again. My brains gonna fucking explode

Comments

• Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,023 Community Veteran
    I also find this fascinating to think that in the end nothing really matters sometimes because we have existed or existed previously. I like the idea that we are constantly reborn over and over giving second chances to start fresh with our lives.
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    LydsRose9LydsRose9 Posts: 106 The Mix Convert
    I have to say I often find myself thinking about the universe and my place in it and what it means. I sort of find this quite empowering, the idea that, for me anyway, this is it, and I have to try and live life to the fullest because I won’t get this opportunity again.
    I’m also quite an anxious person and it can sometimes help thinking about the fact that in the grand scheme of things, I’m just a tiny speck in this giant universe, so if things go wrong or I embarrass myself, the impact will be tiny, even if it feels big to me at the time <3
    Keep fighting the good fight!
  • Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,023 Community Veteran
    I also got to agree with you too @LydsRose9 as I too even overthink the most tiniest thing I have done. My brain questions everything I do all the time which can be tiring for me. Just knowing that I am just a small being on a giant universal plane filled with lots of other tiny specs is very interesting and relieving sometimes.
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    KBee99KBee99 Posts: 62 Boards Initiate
    I feel like I’m the opposite 😂 whenever this stuff pops into my head I end up in a state of panic and anxiety. I try to avoid it as much as possible 😂.