Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Guy from school

Rose113Rose113 Deactivated Posts: 1,159 Wise Owl
Theres a guy at my school (let's call him bob) and when we are around people and he talks to me he's a complete bitch but when we are together and no one is around hes actually kinda nice n sweet. He's invited me to the cinema in a couple of weeks and I said yes but I dont know if I should back out or not :/
✨ Just a stupid worthless freak ready to give up ✨

Comments

• Options
    genderless_fungigenderless_fungi Moderator Posts: 155 Helping Hand
    Hello @River
    I agree that it seems like a tricky situation -- on one hand he does treat you well and asked you out, but on the other he does seem to become another person when other people he knows are around. I know that some people tend to behave differently when they are with their friends, maybe to fit in or to seem more likeable, and what can happen is that they might change their behaviour and treat people worse . Do you think that that might be the case in this situation?
    i understand that his behaviour is making you feel like you shouldn't go out with him and I want you to know that the choice is entirely yours and you should do what makes you feel more comfortable and secure. Do you think that him treating you that way may take a toll on your wellbeing and self-esteem?
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    Rose113Rose113 Deactivated Posts: 1,159 Wise Owl
    @genderless_fungi yeah possibly and I'm not sure
    ✨ Just a stupid worthless freak ready to give up ✨
  • Options
    genderless_fungigenderless_fungi Moderator Posts: 155 Helping Hand
    Hello @River
    Being confused is understandable, especially when you're getting mixed signals from a person. I think the best thing you can do is trust your instinct and try to understand how you feel about this person. We're always here for help and support :)
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.