Home Community Announcements
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Support Circle (Tuesday 17th October, 7:55 - 9:30pm)

TheMixTheMix Posts: 3,041 Boards Guru
edited October 2023 in Community Announcements
Would you like support from a small, structured group online? Do you like being there for others and hearing their stories? Well, we might have the perfect space for you!

--
  • What: Support Circle is a structured online support group, where everyone takes it in turns to share while the rest of the group listens and provides support. You can also come just to support others. Click here for more info!
  • When: Tuesday 17th October, 7:55pm-9:30pm
  • Where: A passworded support group room

After you sign up, you will receive an email with instructions on how to secure your place. We will start confirming places via email from Friday onwards.

Pop any questions below ⤵
We're @Aife, @Ella, @Gemma, and @JustV - the staff team here at The Mix.

Our DMs are monitored Monday - Friday (10am - 5pm) with limited cover on weekends. We have a great team of moderators looking after the community outside of those hours to check in on any reported posts.

We're not able to provide support on this account. If you need support urgently for any reason, please call 999, go to your nearest A&E or contact Crisis Messenger by texting THEMIX to 85258.
Post edited by TheMix on

Comments

• Options
    JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,319 Part of The Furniture
    A note for our regulars: we're going to start confirming places for Support Circle a little later than usual. For Tuesday sessions, confirmations will begin on Friday.

This is to give everyone two full days to sign up before we start accepting people. That means it's not a race to sign up the fastest and everyone gets a fair shot. :)
    The truth resists simplicity.
  • Options
    alizashahalizashah Posts: 1 Just got here
    In the Support Circle, each member takes turns sharing their thoughts and feelings, while the rest of the group actively listens without judgment. This format ensures that each person has an opportunity to be heard and supported by the community.
  • Options
    AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,034 Boards Guru
    Hey everyone, we have 2 more places available for Support Circle on Tuesday 25th July :)
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • Options
    Chloe234Chloe234 Community Champion Posts: 2,172 Boards Champion
    I applied Tuesday night but haven't had an email saying if I have a place. Has this been seen or?
  • Options
    Morgyn007 wrote: »
    @Chloe234 they reply to them on fridays

Ohh okay thankyou morgy
  • Options
    Places for Tuesday's Circle are now confirmed from Friday onwards @Chloe234 :)
  • Options
    Okay thanks @JustV
  • Options
    One support space left for this - don't let it go to waste! Sign up if you'd like to. :)

Listeners also welcome, the more the merrier.
  • Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,632 Legendary Poster
    JustV wrote: »
    One support space left for this - don't let it go to waste! Sign up if you'd like to. :)

Listeners also welcome, the more the merrier.

is this still available?
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    Sure is @independent_ :)
  • Options
    I’ll ping the sign up through now
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    bloody automatic confirmation email taking an age to come through technology don’t we love it :joy:

EDIT: it still hasn’t, wondering if there’s an issue with those @TheMix?
    Post edited by independent_ on
  • Options
    Sorry @independent_ I think I fixed it! Keeps having issues this week 🙄
  • Options
    JustV wrote: »
    Sorry @independent_ I think I fixed it! Keeps having issues this week 🙄

Seems you did fix it @JustV i got it now
  • Options
    A note that tonight's Circle is now full, but sign ups submitted after 4pm today will automatically be counted for next week's session. :)
  • Options
    GemmaGemma Community Manager Posts: 605 Incredible Poster
    The sign-up form is now open again for sign-ups for next week's Circle, Tue 3rd Oct. :)
  • Options
    The next session (Tues 10th) is now full for support places, but listeners are still very welcome!