Home Help Desk
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Glitch?

Chloe234Chloe234 Community Champion Posts: 2,178 Boards Champion
edited September 2023 in Help Desk
I had this happen last night during the support thread and it wouldn't let me send the message for ages, is it a glitch? Or?
qd28987ek86z.jpg

Comments

• Options
    GemmaGemma Community Manager Posts: 614 Incredible Poster
    edited September 2023
    Hey @Chloe234, oh thanks for flagging this. This is odd and I'm not too sure what might have caused this issue myself! We'll do some testing and see what might result in an error message like that. Glad that you're still able to post now!

We'll try to get back to you tomorrow or Monday on this - hope that's okay :).
  • Options
    Thabkyou @Gemma that's no problem at all!
  • Options
    AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,039 Boards Guru
    edited October 2023
    Thank you for flagging @Chloe234, we've been doing some testing today and can't seem to replicate it yet. Has this happened a few times before or was chat thread night the first time?

Do you remember if there was a feature you were using in your post as you were posting e.g. quoting a comment, putting your own post in a quote or spoiler?
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • Options
    @aife I think it's happened one other time before but it's not a regular occurance

I was quoting a message that leyla sent to me in the support tread so I could reply
    Aife wrote: »
    Thank you for flagging @Chloe234, we've been doing some testing today and can't seem to replicate it yet. Has this happened a few times before or was chat thread night the first time?

Do you remember if there was a feature you were using in your post as you were posting e.g. quoting a comment, putting your own post in a quote or spoiler?

• Options
    JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,319 Part of The Furniture
    So it turns out this happens when you try and post a quote with no other text. The same message pops up if you try to submit a blank post (you're hitting the minimum post length).

If you did add your own text and this still came up, it might be that you had accidentally wrapped the whole post in a quote bracket without realising @Chloe234. :)
    The truth resists simplicity.