Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Crazy experience with a song

JJLemon18JJLemon18 Community Champion Posts: 1,926 Extreme Poster
Today I've had a crazy experience with a song and I want to share it.
I was listening to this cool dubstep music track, which had pretty much no lyrics, and realised there is an "extended" version of the track. So I listened to it...
Half way through, suddenly a guy starts talking, as if he was talking directly to me, calling me out. It caught me way off guard. He said this:

"Have you ever had a day where you felt like doing absolutely nothing?
Now. Imagine that for an entire decade, and in front of a computer screen, browsing memes, playing videogames. But at a certain point in life you realise that nothing actually matters, and that doing exactly what you wanted was the best thing that you could ever have done.

So when people tell you that your hobby is stupid, or that you are wasting your life. Tell them "you're right", and proceed with doing the things you love.
Because in the end, everything is meaningless. In a way, that means, that everything has meaning.

I don't know, I just think it's a peaceful thought, and it has helped me get throught some tough times.
I hope you can do the same.

There's this notion that we all have to compete, keep up. In the hope of one day being accepted.
Sometimes, it does seem to be like that. People will judge you for things you can't control. It's really easy to get pushed away from society and the people around you when this happens.
This can be dangerous if you get pushed in the wrong direction.

I hope this doesn't come across as cringey or pretentiously profound.
This is a dubstep track after all.

But, if you have something that you like doing, then you are almost certainly good at it too.

So when you get pushed away... use this thing to shift the direction you are facing... and push yourself forward."

At this point I was pretty much in shock and have managed to shed a tear by the time this was finished haha. I felt like he was literally talking directly to me! And mind you, all of this was said in the most text-to-speech voice ever, with one of the coolest chill music in the background ever. It felt pretty creepy too lol. I literally couldn't believe how random this was and how perfectly timed into my life it was. Which is why I'm so keen on sharing this story here lol. Maybe someone can also get something out of this too.
Believe in me - who believes in you

Comments

• Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,023 Community Veteran
    @JJLemon18 I think that song is awesome and what the person saying is actually true. In the end if your doing something you love and brings you joy then you keep doing it basically life is short so you gotta make it count. I am also a believer of nothing matters so you can do anything really. I'm glad this song made you feel good and I am also glad you shared this experience on here too as those lyrics are so well spoken and are true <3
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films