Home Community Announcements
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Support Groups will be returning to 7 days a week soon!

TheMixTheMix Posts: 3,042 Boards Guru
Hey everyone,

We've got an exciting announcement to share with you all!

Our Support Groups will be returning to 7 days a week and we'll be running them every evening from Mondays-Sundays!

We want to thank you all for taking the time to share your feedback with us on how important it was to have these chats running each day of the week, particularly over weekends. We've been listening to the feedback that you've shared here on the discussion boards, in the support groups, through feedback forms, and our annual survey which we share each year to help us improve our services here at The Mix.

This really helped show how valuable they are and we're so pleased we're able to expand the service again. Thank you all so much for your patience while we've been working towards this :star

It will take a bit of time for us to recruit new volunteers to get chats up and running again but there are a few ways we can do this, and we'd love to hear your thoughts on what you would prefer :)

Option A - General Chat plan
We can open up on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays more quickly by starting off with running General Chat on these evenings, and then gradually opening up Support Chat across these days as new volunteers are trained.

Option B - Gradual plan
We can gradually open one extra evening of chat with both General Chat and Support Chat running e.g. starting off with Sundays running both General Chat and Support Chat, and then one month later opening on Saturdays & Sundays, and the following month, Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays brining us to 7 days of chat :)

Let us know your preferences in the anonymous poll below. Any questions, let us know below :)

Aife & the team
We're @Aife, @Ella, @Gemma, and @JustV - the staff team here at The Mix.

Our DMs are monitored Monday - Friday (10am - 5pm) with limited cover on weekends. We have a great team of moderators looking after the community outside of those hours to check in on any reported posts.

We're not able to provide support on this account. If you need support urgently for any reason, please call 999, go to your nearest A&E or contact Crisis Messenger by texting THEMIX to 85258.

Support Groups will be returning to 7 days a week soon! 9 votes

Option A - General Chat plan
55% 5 votes
Option B - Gradual plan
22% 2 votes
I don't mind
22% 2 votes

Comments

• Options
    DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,807 Master Poster
    I was just wondering if there have been any further updates about what is happening to do with Friday, Saturday and Sunday chat.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Options
    Chloe234Chloe234 Community Champion Posts: 2,178 Boards Champion
    edited September 2023
    Dancer wrote: »
    I was just wondering if there have been any further updates about what is happening to do with Friday, Saturday and Sunday chat.

Due to the limited staff recently it's probably on hold atm
  • Options
    DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,807 Master Poster
    Chloe234 wrote: »
    Dancer wrote: »

Due to the limited staff recently it's probably on hold atm

Yeah fair enough.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Options
    HarryTHarryT Community Manager Posts: 320 The Mix Regular
    Hey @Dancer and @Chloe234 ,

Just dropping by to acknowledge that you've asked for an update on this. We've not got anything further to share beyond what Aife mentioned in the post above at the moment, unfortunately. We're working behind the scenes to get things set up but there isn't a timeframe for this as it is dependent on being able to recruit and support new moderators through training.

Thanks for being patient with us, and as soon as there's an update the team will be in touch.

Harry :)
    Hello amazing human (yes, that's YOU). I wish that you could see the amazing person who I see within you  ✨