Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

society

Maria2008Maria2008 Posts: 146 Helping Hand
what the fuck is this society making up so many unwritten rules but yet again we follow unrealistic expectations and make them our prioroties if you dont have this lip gloss then yhour not one of us if u dont wear ur hijab ur not one of us if you dont dress like this then you not one of us if u dont have curves then why you hanging around with us

Bro i dont wanna lie to you but by putting orange foundation on, lashes that look like you stuck spider legs together (what are lashes actually made of?) 0d4u6y0u9n4y.png
putting so much gloss to the point where it looks like your drooling and making your eyebrows so dark and thick that it looks like you have slugs on your brows1m0hq04sawku.png
or thin that it looks like youve just drawn yourself some cartoon brows like look at this girl ddrzwz7o1py3.png
ok im gonna stop just one last image
yi4awj21c51e.png
cfraorg7rqvn.png

Comments

• Options
    post the worst make up fails on here if you like
  • Options
    Terry8936Terry8936 Posts: 271 The Mix Regular
    @Maria2008 It's important to recognize that these societal expectations are often arbitrary and can vary greatly across different cultures, communities, and social groups. It's also important to remember that our worth and value as a person are not determined by our adherence to these arbitrary norms.
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    @Terry8936 cool by why do we need make up to make ourselves bueatiful who decides whats bueatiful like the beuaty always changes forever and girls especially are destroying themeselves with plastic surgery and fillers just so that they can be classified as bueatiful make up contains harsh chemicals that destroys the natural bueaty im not saying dont wear it but wear it occasionally so that when you do wear it you feel nice. but plastic surgery im sorry but thats a no no for me im so sorry there may be differences in opinion but personally i dont agree with that at all . it destroys you i do not wish to offend anyone with this just stating my opinion and of course if you would like to state any opinions feel free
  • Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,023 Community Veteran
    I find this thread interesting actually especially with how make up can mean different things for others. Especially in western tradition and Western beauty standards it has been a stereotype for years that women or those who identify as feminime have to look a certain way even though this is isn't necesarily true. I think beauty is something we can depict in our own ways. Like personally I don't wear makeup as I feel like it hides who I am underneath eventhough sometimes I will wear a little bit of makeup if Im going out or to a place that is special. I feel you with the plastic surgery thing as a lot of people want to look different and I know sometimes plastic surgery can be harmful in a way especially for younger generations growing up. I guess it depends person to person as some people like wearing make up and some don't <3
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films