Home Community Announcements
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

We Need You!!

Chloe234Chloe234 Community Champion Posts: 2,178 Boards Champion
edited April 2023 in Community Announcements
Hey! We're the Community Champions, a group of members who work behind the scenes with the staff on projects to improve parts of the site. We're currently looking for more members to join the team, and we need YOU!

What have we done in the past?
  • Created new Community Guidelines
  • Revamped the rank system which changes your title as you post
Upcoming opportunities
  • Redesigning the Community Voice area of the discussion boards
  • Work on improving the accessibility of the community
Why should you sign up to be a community champion?
  • You will get a chance to shape how The Mix community develops and grows
  • You will get access to other opportunities only shared with Community Champions
  • You get a unique badge for your discussion boards profile
  • Skills and experience for your CV
Comments from the Champs!
"As a long-term community member, I've really enjoyed having the opportunity to help to shape the future of the community. I feel it gives members a certain level of responsibility and control over their safe space" - @independent_

"Being part of the Community Champions has been a great experience - it's given me the opportunity to collaborate with other members to drive positive change on the platform. It's a really fulfilling role, and I'd strongly encourage more people to get involved!" - @Azziman

"I love being a champ, it presents us with some great opportunities! We get to work together as a team with amazing people on different projects and it is always a joy to do. I would love for you to join the team!" - @Chloe234

What do I need to do to become a Community champion?
  • To become a community champion you need to be:
  • Aged 25 or under
  • Able to commit time and effort to the group
  • Willing to debate new ideas and work collaboratively with others

If you are interested please DM @TheMix
We would love for you to join our team!
Post edited by TheMix on

Comments

• Options
    fannufannu Posts: 2 Newbie
    Hi Community Champions team,

I'm excited to hear that you're looking for new members to join your team! It's great to see that you're working hard to improve the site and make it a better place for everyone.

I'm interested in joining the team and would love to learn more about what kind of projects you work on and what the application process looks like. Can you provide more information on how to apply and what kind of skills or qualities you're looking for in new members?

Thank you, and I look forward to hearing back from you soon!
  • Options
    JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,319 Part of The Furniture
    Hey @fannu and welcome to the community. :) If you're interested, all you need to do is DM @TheMix - no application process and it's open to everybody who qualifies.

You might need to post a few more times to be able to DM (a spam prevention feature).
    The truth resists simplicity.
  • Options
    JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,319 Part of The Furniture
    Pleased to say we've welcomed 4 new members! The more the merrier, join us if you fancy :)
    The truth resists simplicity.
  • Options
    RoseAbiRoseAbi Posts: 105 The Mix Convert
    Is this still a thing? -
  • Options
    Chloe234Chloe234 Community Champion Posts: 2,178 Boards Champion
    RoseAbi wrote: »
    Is this still a thing? -

Yep!