Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Flu Remedies

CaniceQCaniceQ Posts: 122 The Mix Convert
Hello :) I wasn't in this community for almost a week since I was quite ill as I caught the flu. I'm still recovering though, so I thought about asking you all for your flu remedies :3 . Do you have any?
CaniceQ

Comments

• Options
    StephanieStephanie Moderator Posts: 1,084 Wise Owl
    Lots of rest and fluids, also steam is helpful. Vicks or olbas oil is good too.

Hope you feel better soon :smile:
                                   "Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if only one remembers to turn on the light" - Albus Dumbledore 

"Like when I was down you just had that smile that made me feel like everything's worthwhile. Thinking of the day when you went away, what a life to take, what a bond to break, I'll be missing you"

FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    indievioletindieviolet Posts: 40 Boards Initiate
    My go-to is tea with honey and lemon. Hope you feel better soon!
  • Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 3,998 Community Veteran
    For me taking paracetamol and staying hydrated too especially with the hot weather. I know how much having the cold or flu can feel like especially in the summer as it isn't fun. Also, having plenty of rest too is important <3. Hope you are feeling okay.
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    JJLemon18JJLemon18 Community Champion Posts: 1,926 Extreme Poster
    Every time we feel really ill (especially when we have the flu or cold) my dad would make us milk with honey and garlic. It might sound horrible but its so helpful and I personally really like it and I can't recommend it enough. If you're interested I could find and link some recipes for it?
    Take care and I hope you feel better soon! <3
    Believe in me - who believes in you
  • Options
    CaniceQCaniceQ Posts: 122 The Mix Convert
    @JJLemon18
    Ooh, now that sounds interesting. Yeah, I would love it if you could link some recipes for it. Tbh, it does sound horrible but I'm intrigued.
    CaniceQ
  • Options
    JJLemon18JJLemon18 Community Champion Posts: 1,926 Extreme Poster
    edited July 2023
    @CaniceQ I'm so sorry for taking so long. I thought you could just search it up yourself so instead I asked my dad for the recipe he uses and here it is:
    Ingredients (for 1 cup of milk):
    Milk (1 cup)
    Honey (1 tsp)
    Garlic (2 cloves)
    Butter (1/2 tsp)

Basically all you do is bring the milk to a boil then add the honey, butter and pressed garlic. My parents say its best to drink while its hot (though being careful) just before going to bed to keep yourself warm. It took me a couple attempts to get used to it but now I kinda like it. Enjoy! :)

(Btw you're more than welcome to change the recipe to whatever suits you, like more or less garlic for example, or add some extra ingredients from other recipes on google. Just have fun with it I guess!)
    Believe in me - who believes in you