Home Articles
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Scottish Standard Grades | Standard Grades Facts | The Mix

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
edited July 2023 in Articles
imageScottish Standard Grades | Standard Grades Facts | The Mix

Scottish Standard Grade qualifications have changed. Read on to learn how and get the facts about Intermediates & Access Qualifications.

Read the full story here

Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    nscmusicnscmusic Posts: 1 Just got here
    Hi! Unfortunately Standard Grades are no longer seen as having a direct equivalency to the GCSE. According to the Department For Education, a Standard Grade 3 is now equivalent to to a GCSE D. Back in the day we were told that a 1=A, 2=B, 3=C etc, however at some point in the past 30 years this has been changed. Crazy right? Devaluing a qualification. This means that hundreds of thousands of Scottish people are actually unqualified to be doing their jobs at the moment. I have a 1st Class hons degree from Leeds University and have been the Head Of Department at a University for 10 years - I have 30 years professional experience in my field. However, if I wanted to teach in a high school, I would need to resit my Maths because I scored a Standard Grade 3.