Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

How is the cost-of-living crisis impacting you?

AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,032 Boards Guru
The cost-of-living crisis is impacting everyone in different ways and I thought this could be a useful thread for everyone to share how it's impacting them. We can check in on any replies here and if anyone is looking for specific cost-of-living support, we can help to find support that may be available to you.

In the meantime, I have a few helpful resources to share with you all. The Government have set up a webpage with information about the support available if you need some additional help with cost-of-living support - https://www.gov.uk/cost-of-living - there's information about support for your income, support if you're disabled, support with your bills, housing, travel, childcare costs and more.

Depending where you're living and your situation, you may also be entitled to additional benefits and there are organisations offering support to young people too.

If you're comfortable sharing how the cost-of-living crisis is impacting you, comment below :star:
Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    sinead276sinead276 Posts: 1,050 Wise Owl
    What a good idea for a thread and an important one too as so many people are struggling at the moment.

In terms of how it's affecting me personally, whilst I'm not as majorly impacted by things like fuel prices and stuff, I have noticed I've become much more conscious about how much I spend when I go out in recent months and trying to spend less where I can. But on the whole, I'm doing okay at the moment.

Also a reminder to everyone that it's okay if you are struggling there is support available and don't be afraid to investigate it further and see what you can do to help your situations

Sending lots of hugs to you all
    Sinead
  • Options
    dollymixdollymix Posts: 18 Settling in
    I know this thread was posted in december but whilst ive seen it I want to mention my experience

COL crisis has been a shame to say the least and the country couldve done without it.It made poverty worse, affordable housing is unreachable to most people, mental health is worse, crime worse which impacts on limited and stretched police resources, making areas more dangerous and uncomfortable to live in. And my wellbeing all round has been impacted by this all massively, i cant work and so havent been able to buy my way into a safer area where i can sleep at night, and many will be in the same position

I know no one has an endless pot of money and everyone has to budget but with things getting more and more expensive, it will impact those who are lower down the most, because they probably cant even afford a holiday or whatever in the first place to sacrifice to fund increases in essential costs, unlike people who are working who usually have the wiggle room to cut down on a lot of costs before they have to even begin to worry about not affording a bill