Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Isn't it crazy

IainJammyboyIainJammyboy Posts: 932 Part of The Mix Family
The fact that the universe came from nothing, how our planet had the perfect circumstances to be able to sustain life - millions of years and here we are, we've all evolved to this point and eventually the sun will explode and we will cease to exist in an instant. I don't find that depressing but honestly really interesting, especially how the universe is continuously expanding and how we all arrived here just out of luck - it's so cool

Comments

• Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 3,998 Community Veteran
    The fact that the universe came from nothing, how our planet had the perfect circumstances to be able to sustain life - millions of years and here we are, we've all evolved to this point and eventually the sun will explode and we will cease to exist in an instant. I don't find that depressing but honestly really interesting, especially how the universe is continuously expanding and how we all arrived here just out of luck - it's so cool

I got to say that the universe is a very interesting thing in itself, even the thought of how it pre-existed before the first signs of humanity and human life appeared. The universe will always be here. It also makes me question whether the possibilities of parallel universes do exist, multiple versions of ourselves casually existing in alternate universes meaning that the friends and family we meet including potential soulmates, we would also meet in the parallel universe. The constant cycle of life is also something that interests me a lot and how even after humans eventually the life cycle will start all over again with a new species even humans again. It's like one big cycle.

The universe is a very beautiful thing in itself and it fascinates me so much.
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    @Amy22 yea, and what really interests me is how we have no idea where life came from, it kind of just appeared out of nowhere. Billions of years until this point is just so trippy to think about, and how the universe will always be here forever long after we are gone - or even about the universe, how did it expand beyond this point, how is it continuing to expand, it's just makes you think how insignificant we are and how we pretty much don't matter. Its so comforting in my opinion that we don't matter lol, once we die we're not going to be remembered for billions of years until there's no life here anymore, but the universe will continually expand and do what the universe does best, and we can't do anything to influence it - everything just goes on.
  • Options
    @Amy22 yea, and what really interests me is how we have no idea where life came from, it kind of just appeared out of nowhere. Billions of years until this point is just so trippy to think about, and how the universe will always be here forever long after we are gone - or even about the universe, how did it expand beyond this point, how is it continuing to expand, it's just makes you think how insignificant we are and how we pretty much don't matter. Its so comforting in my opinion that we don't matter lol, once we die we're not going to be remembered for billions of years until there's no life here anymore, but the universe will continually expand and do what the universe does best, and we can't do anything to influence it - everything just goes on.

I often find that too like how did we all get here. I tend to question existence a lot lately and the universe. I also like how technically we are temporary beings meaning that in the end the things we may have worried about or hated about ourselves may have been uneccessary for our own happiness. Sorry I went a bit deep there lol

Omg we a need a 3am thread
  • Options
    JJLemon18JJLemon18 Community Champion Posts: 1,926 Extreme Poster
    Omg I love this thread!
    Something that I'm fascinated about is what the world would look like when all life becomes extinct in the end? What happens to the world when there is no one to observe it? Why does it exist if there is nothing to exist for?
    I think about stuff like this a LOT hahaha
    JustV wrote: »
    I love that this was posted at 3:21am 😄🌘
    Best time to contemplate about life, existence, the world and anything beyond :lol:
    Maybe I'll add more of my thoughts here at 3am lol. (We TOTALLY need a '3am' thread!!)
    Believe in me - who believes in you
  • Options
    @JJLemon18 yea that's why I'm atheist - mainly as we have no purpose, we have no reason to be here other than luck and we are going to die off eventually like everything else. Life is really cool as it just appeared out of nowhere, but I think whether we're here or not the universe is just going to continue doing whatever. It brings a level of comfort (at least to me lol) that in actual fact we don't matter at all, we serve no purpose as it was just luck - we're born, we live, we die and nobody will remember us or know who we were. Not in a suicidal type of way, but just to show how insignificant we are
  • Options
    JJLemon18JJLemon18 Community Champion Posts: 1,926 Extreme Poster
    @IainJammyboy hmm... ok idk how I feel about you putting it like that xD I get it though, it's a strange world we live in alright
    Believe in me - who believes in you
  • Options
    CaniceQCaniceQ Posts: 122 The Mix Convert
    This is one of the most intriguing topics I tend to ponder over. I pretty much share the same thoughts as you guys. It is fascinating how the universe came to be something out of (what was once) nothing. This truly exhibits the many wonders and potentials the universe possesses, and we, as one of its creations, are evidence of this. In some way, I believe we reflect the universe too. We came from nothing (considering that there must be a beginning of the universe and, therefore, all life must derive from a single point that didn't rely on any other existence - meaning that it must derive from nothing) and we have the ability to create (like the universe which created us).

Yes, we definitely need a 3am thread. :)
    CaniceQ
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    @CaniceQ yea, or even what was before the universe - what created everything? (not in a religious sense but in a scientific way) was it the universe or something unknown that created the universe? Or was there a universe before this? Are there multiple? This goes so deep lol
  • Options
    Omg it does I'm a believer of multiple universes which came before this one as I feel like there was something before us. I'm personally not a religious person but more of a spiritual person more say. I used to believe that someone created our world however I found that science may be pretty explainable especially as the big bang pretty created the planets that we are familar with today. I loved to have multiple universes such as Spiderman into the spider verse etc and things like that.

Omg wait if there are multiple universes theres a possiblity that the fictional characters I grew up with and become fond of may be a reality (although sadly I know this isn't true).
  • Options
    CaniceQCaniceQ Posts: 122 The Mix Convert
    @IainJammyboy indeed. There are so many questions lol. There is always a possibility for other universes to exist before ours and so is there for something (not in a religious way) to have created this universe. Yet, if the latter was the case, we will inevitably face additional questions about the existence of its creator, e.g., 'Was there something that created our universe's creator?' Consequently, we question our current understanding/knowledge of the ways of the universe (specifically our understanding that all phenomena have a cause/scientific explanation), as there remains a possibility that some phenomena may just exist without a cause.

Yep, this goes too deep.

I guess no matter what the answer may be, these questions are actually a question directed at ourselves. It exposes how we react to the greater unknown, our perceptions, and how we perceive our station in this universe.
    e.g., if the universe was created out of nothingness, do we become nihilistic?
    if the universe was created by an entity, do we reject/doubt/devote ourselves to the entity?
    if there are multiple universes, does that means our purpose is confined to what makes our own
    universe distinct from the others?
    CaniceQ
  • Options
    Holy shit my brain is about about to explode
  • Options
    Amy22 wrote: »
    Omg wait if there are multiple universes theres a possiblity that the fictional characters I grew up with and become fond of may be a reality (although sadly I know this isn't true).
    SPONGEBOB!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Amy22 wrote: »
    SPONGEBOB!!!!!!!!!!!

PATRICK, MR KRABS, SANDY, PLANKTOON, SQUIDWARDD