Home Help Desk
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

No times on posts

jess63jess63 Posts: 287 The Mix Regular
Not sure if this is a new feature or just me, but the time people posted something is no longer showing, I’m on my phone which may be why, but just wondering if this is happening to anyone else.
The steps you take don't have to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction.

Comments

• Options
    Emma_Emma_ Community Manager Posts: 601 Incredible Poster
    Heya @jess63 that's odd! I'm not sure what it looks like on phones, but I seem to see the time okay on the desktop, and after it's been more than a day, you can hover over the date and it'll show the time too. Maybe it's an issue with the mobile version 🤔
  • Options
    Chloe234Chloe234 Community Champion Posts: 2,180 Boards Champion
    Agreed, I've notices that, it's always been fine for me until recently
  • Options
    JJLemon18JJLemon18 Community Champion Posts: 1,926 Extreme Poster
    Yea, I noticed that too. And I'm sure @Morgan007 is right, they seem to be behind the profile image from what I realised.
    Believe in me - who believes in you
  • Options
    AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,039 Boards Guru
    It sounds like this might be a new update on our platform Vanilla so we'll get in touch with the people that do all the updates and see if they have a bit more info we can share about that change. Is having the time visible something you find helpful here on the boards?
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • Options
    Aife wrote: »
    Is having the time visible something you find helpful here on the boards?
    @Aife personally I find it helpful just to know when the message was sent

• Options
    JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,319 Part of The Furniture
    Thanks both of you @Chloe234 @Morgan007 that's super helpful to know :)
    The truth resists simplicity.
  • Options
    Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,154 Part of The Furniture
    Did we ever find a reason for this ? There still seems to be no times ( think there still hidden behind pictures)
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,319 Part of The Furniture
    @Millie2787 thanks for the nudge - this had slipped our minds!

So it looks like this is on the list of technical quirks that happen as a result of us running a slightly outdated version of the forum software we use. This (among other things) would probably be fixed by some technical upgrades that we're not able to carry out at the moment.

That said, it's something we're planning for longer-term. :) We will also have a chat with our internal techies again to see if there are any workarounds we've yet to explore.
    The truth resists simplicity.
  • Options
    AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,039 Boards Guru
    edited June 2023
    Just wanted to check with you all if you're still experiencing the times not showing on posts? I've tested this again on my phone today and it seems to be working now which is good news - let me know if it's working for you all too :)
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • Options
    jess63jess63 Posts: 287 The Mix Regular
    I still can’t see them, but I can half see it on your post @Aife
    The steps you take don't have to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction.
  • Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,027 Community Veteran
    Hi I also seemed to notice this recently ish but I think its fixed now as I can see the time when @jess63 posted their message :)
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,154 Part of The Furniture
    Yeah I still can’t see them , sometimes I can half see if but the other half is hid behind the profile picture
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    I still can't see them either