Homeโ€บ Community Announcements
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

๐Ÿ† Community Quiz - Wednesday 26th, 7-8pm ๐Ÿ†

JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,319 Part of The Furniture
edited April 2023 in Community Announcements
There will be a community quiz during chat break!

For those who don't know the format: there are 3 rounds of 10 questions, with one point available for each. A total of 30 points are up for grabs, with each point awarded for the fastest correct answer.

Badges and are awarded to the winner of each round as well as the person with the highest overall score. You also get the chance to knock the reigning champion off their podium. ๐Ÿ‘‘

The quiz will take place in group chat.

Here are the rounds:
  1. Choose your own topic!
  2. The Mix Trivia
  3. General Knowledge

In the usual way, we want you guys to write and host your own rounds. Writing means you come up with the questions, and hosting means asking your questions on the night. Hosts also declare the winner of each point in their round (with the mod having the final say if there's disagreement ;) ).

If you'd like to write and/or host a round, reply below! If lots of people are interested, we'll prioritise those who haven't hosted recently, so please don't take it personally if you're not chosen.

You're welcome to host solo, with someone else, or as a group - feel free to be creative!

If you're chosen to host, you'll need to send us your questions for checking by Friday 21st :)

giphy.gif

[alt text: hunger games quote "and may the odds be forever in your favour"]
The truth resists simplicity.

Comments

• Options
    DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,807 Master Poster
    Can I do a round about musicals?
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymousย 
  • Options
    ebyrne556ebyrne556 Moderator Posts: 839 Part of The Mix Family
    quiz sounds very exciting!
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    Thanks everyone! We'll be selecting hosts in the next day or two so if you're interested, make sure you respond to this post so we know. :)

@Morgan007 the overall winner last time I believe was an Abi (unsure which Abi!)

@Dancer if you're chosen to host then defo!
  • Options
    Alrighty folks, @Dancer you're all good to do a Musical round, and @Morgan007 you're good to do The Mix Trivia. We need a host for General Knowledge - if you're keen comment below!
  • Options
    SpaceOtterSpaceOtter Community Champion Posts: 843 Part of The Mix Family
    Hi, id be happy to do the general knowledge round,but ive written questions before so i totaly dont mind if someone else would rather do it.
    You're awesome!
  • Options
    spoonspoon Posts: 375 Listening Ear
    aaa sad times, have work, hope to be able to join next time though!
    Whats a signatureeeww
  • Options
    It's yours if you want it @SpaceOtter - I don't think anyone else is keen at this point. :)
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    Reminder that this is happening tomorrow at 7pm! Spread the good word - quizzes are more fun the more people get involved. ๐Ÿ˜Š The rounds will be as follows... shuffles papers
    1. Musicals - written and hosted by @Dancer
    2. The Mix Trivia - written by @Morgan007, hosted by the moderator (@Dancer or @SpaceOtter you're also welcome to host on Morgan's behalf if you like!)
    3. General Knowledge - written and hosted by @SpaceOtter
  • Options
    AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,039 Boards Guru
    Best of luck for the quiz tonight everyone! I hope it goes well. Excited to see who will be the winner <3
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating tooย โค
  • Options
    HarryTHarryT Community Manager Posts: 320 The Mix Regular
    Hello hello @Dancer, @Morgan007 and @SpaceOtter,

Just dropping by to say a huge THANK YOU for preparing and hosting our rounds of the quiz - we really appreciate you all <3

Thanks to everyone who came along, as well, and to our mods who made it happen! It was great to see so many people getting involved.

See you all next time around, and remember support groups are back from tomorrow!

Take care legends,
    Harry and the team
    Hello amazing human (yes, that's YOU). I wish that you could see the amazing person who I see within youย  โœจ
  • Options
    DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,807 Master Poster
    The reigning quiz champion has been knocked off their podium.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymousย