Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

March achievements!

kaiikaii Posts: 462 Listening Ear
Hey everyone! How have you all been? <3

As I have done each month, it would be great if we could share a few things that we have achieved (no matter how big or small) in March! This can also include things that you were grateful for happening ^^ I'm aware that April has just begun, so I'm sorry that this is really late (thank you uni coursework for keeping me busy hahah)! But it's better late than never! :smile:

Here are my achievements:
- for applying for a job and managing to get an interview
- for saying no to someone because it felt right at the time and trying not to please people
- for taking the initiative for starting a project which I found challenging and scary at first since I'm usually not comfortable taking the lead

I'd also like to take the opportunity to check up on everyone's mental wellbeing these past few days. Please be honest, we're here to support and listen regardless of how you're feeling <3
cinnamoroll supremacy : )

Comments

• Options
    jess63jess63 Posts: 287 The Mix Regular
    I love this idea @kaii i can’t wait to see what everyone’s achievements are. Huge congrats to you for getting an interview that’s amazing news. I would say my March achievement is completing my first out of hours shift by myself at work, I was terrified for it but I’m so happy I managed to do it.
    The steps you take don't have to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction.
  • Options
    Terry8936Terry8936 Posts: 271 The Mix Regular
    @kaii it's a really good idea.

Here are mine:
    - Finished two tasks in time
    - contacted with my friends who I miss

Would love to see others' sharing as well!
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,023 Community Veteran
    I think for me it would be

- passing both my units so I could do my final project for college

- I think using the library more (even though sometimes I will still buy books lol)

I think that's it for me, I don't really know what I did now my memory is a bit off atm lol
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,039 Boards Guru
    This is a lovely post @kaii I always enjoy reading through everyone's achievements. Mine would be launching the new Support Circle chat last week for survivors of sexual violence. It's such an important space and I'm felling really proud we're able to help people <3
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • Options
    kaiikaii Posts: 462 Listening Ear
    @jess63, thank you so much! Although I didn't get the job in the end, it was such a good experience! :smile: and congrats for completing your first out of hours shift, I can understand how terrifying this must have been, you're amazing for doing it!

@Terry8936, thank you so much for sharing! It really is a nice feeling contacting the friends you miss <3

@Amy22, hahah don't worry about your memory being hazy, so many things have happened in March! Congrats for passing your units, and best of luck for your final project! And the library is always such a convenient place :smile:

@Aife, this is an absolutely incredible achievement, thank you so much for creating such a warm and supportive environment! We're so grateful for your support, and I'm certain the sexual violence survivors really appreciate what you've done <3
    cinnamoroll supremacy : )