Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Eva been 2 hell?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hello, ive just joined bcuz i need some advice. About a year ago i started getting extreme paranoia from smokin draw and doing E and speed. This paranoia was so bad its probably more what u would call pyschosis. I really believed what was happening, i thought I could now see the truth- that all my friends were in a huge conspiracy against me,i thought they knew everything about me, spied on me, bugged my calls, spied on me on the net, maybe even had cameras. Even when I was straight. I'm still struggling with these thoughts. I dont smoke hash anymore, but it took me a long time to accept that I really cant smoke it. I still do E and speed because I can enjoy it again, well sometimes. I always have severe paranoia and depression on the comedowns tho. I drink alot more than i used to cos it helped get rid of the nerves and paranoia. Well I am also on anti-depressants and I heard that it stops the rush from E, I have noticed this. But what effect does alcohol have on the anti-D's?
If anyone has any advice, experiences of their own, want to talk about it, or has somethin 2 say, u cn email me...rayz_supafly@yahoo.com

Comments

• Options
    thats why i dont smoke dope, and one of the reasons i stopped doing speed - incredible paranoia. I couldnt even leave the house at one point, in fact i had to have all the curtains drawn too. I cant remember exactly what it was I was frightened of, but when it occured to me that they werent out to get me and that it was drug induced psychosis, i knew i had to try and give up.
  • Options
    having read your posts and rainbows reply i think i can safely say
    that rainbow has discovered that dope and speed aint for her...the two dont mix safely. her and the drugs i mean. and hey wouldnt it be fun if she could just occasionaly get high with us all.
    rainbow knows how long it took her to come to the right conclusions about her relationship.....and thats what it is, with drugs and she sounds like me to me in a lot of respects only i never had a problem with weed or alcohol.....lucky me aye.
    are you realy sad and sorry rainbow that you cant have a hit with your mates tonight ? or are you feeling as free as me and a few thousand others ?
    smelly blue cheeses are worth approaching and learning how to enjoy them. but if a drug disagrees with you then why "fight" this lifeless bag of dust to make it like you ? not good grounds for a relationship is it ? when you decide you have had enogh of this wicked mistress.... the fight to dislike her as much as she used to dislike you can be of epic proportions and quite often it's the lifeless bag of dust that wins over a brilliant human being......
  • Options
    If u read my post, I suffered from a similar sorta thing. Weed definitely makes the comedowns more paranoid, demons and voices came to me and really scared me. I guess you just have to get over it and realise that it's the drug which does that to you and that nothing in reality has changed from the moment you took the drug.

If it gets too bad then give up, that's what I've decided to do, at least for a few months, so I can sort my self out and get my life back on track. Normal and free from paranoia, it may be boring, but at least I'm not gonna fuck myself up permanently.

Don't worry, be happy.
  • Options
    I often feel sad that I cant go and have a hit, I still remember what it feels like and miss it terribly sometimes, but im also very glad im free, because i think if i had one, id want more, also ive got responsibilities now. I look back to how i used to be and i feel ashamed - does that ever go away? I feel that it must have been so obvious to people and wonder if they looked down on me or just felt sorry for me. im sure my mum knew yet its never mentioned, although she has said she is proud at how far ive come. one of my best friends is the only one who I knew back then (except hubby) and am still friends with now, she never did it in the way that i did, although she knew i did, and she always just managed to use recreationally, and still does now, I wish i could do that like i used to at first. the only thing i do now is have a few drinkies when i go out, vodka makes me high - reminds me of coming up on a trip, other alcohol has different effects. I think ill stick with that.
  • Options
    Originally posted by beer4breakfast
    If u read my post, I suffered from a similar sorta thing. Weed definitely makes the comedowns more paranoid, demons and voices came to me and really scared me. I guess you just have to get over it and realise that it's the drug which does that to you and that nothing in reality has changed from the moment you took the drug.

If it gets too bad then give up, that's what I've decided to do, at least for a few months, so I can sort my self out and get my life back on track. Normal and free from paranoia, it may be boring, but at least I'm not gonna fuck myself up permanently.

Don't worry, be happy.

hey old beer belly....i keep hearing all the time from loads of you
    about .."real" and "normal" being boring ! you must be watching the wrong channel....you must start becoming boring. or probably closer to the truth...you think your boring without drugs. thats the seeds of alcoholism for a lot of people so tread carefully with the drugs. give 'em the elbow altogether. you know you'll have a dabble some time down the road but its a long road ....chill out in reality for a while ..do something for someone else, something thats takes effort and sweat..like the garden down the street for that old couple.....your not having this are you ? but if you did you would learn something about the pleasantness and the buzz of reality and you'd be off on one mate...i'm telling you right and you know it.........
  • Options
    yes rain i know the feelings, especialy when there are people you know realy well who never go over the top with drugs. never will. what is so different about us...and no it's not that were stupid or silly ...it's
    by the way i am smoking that standard government issue n. african crap at the moment...by choice. i am doing loads of physical work on my house and the ammount of painkillers i would have needed to achieve what i have and will be continuing to have , well the pain killers would have robbed me of appetite and or sleep ...given me a realy upset stomach and grouchy mood. but this standard solid that i'm told gets up to £60 an ounce is the perfect medication. my back is totaly flexible and my mind is in tune with being aware of the work load i am doing.
    as a party weed i think not but as a tool for helping me give it some gaft it is the best. honest. realy. i think my son said he paid £30 on the oz. but then he would. i have ground it to dust and mixed it with a two ounce pounch of my favourite tobacco so i can smoke solid for the next week and its brill...but any of you suckers still buying this .....i know the bud looks and sounds expensive but go for it.....there is a reason. you'll end up spending the same ammount per month but it will go a lot further. tara...back to my paint brush.
  • Options
    As has been said they're little point in fighting against a drug if your not gaining anything from it;
    Speed will cause you to feel paraniod, this is more frequent in some people than others.

As for anti-depressants and mdma, it depends on the type that you have been given, the likely hood is that you've been given something similar Prozac, a SSRI. Or Selective Seratonin Re-uptake Inhibitor.
    Basicaly what this does is mean that when there is seratonin in the brain it will try to keep it around for longer and thus making you happier. Well thats the VERY basic anyway.
    You are right in thinking that SSRI's and pills dont mix, you wont get really any effect from them, dont waste your money.
    As for speed and SSRI's, I wouldnt recomend it, it may well lead to getting a very high blood pressure.

You may however have been given a type of anti-depressant called an MOI or Mono Oxide Inhibitor. This basicaly is the chemical in the brain which gets rid of seratonin once its been used. The chemical by stopping some of this process therefore meaning there is more of it in your brain and you get happier. Well sort of.
    You should NEVER EVER take mdma or speed with an MOI this is VERY dangerous! It will lead to you having a sometimes deadly condition called seratonin syndrome.

I'd check your medication, the chances are that you have been given something like 'Lustral' which is an SSRI because you say that you drink and this anti-depressant can handle you drinking.

As for your general mood, I'd recomend that you try and get as much physical exercise as possible, you'll sleep better, have less stess and feel better about yourself.
  • Options
    Go back and see your GP or phone nhs direct to check whether you can drink on your particular type of antidepressants...it can be very dangerous to mix some anti-d's (eg. prozac) with alcohol or ecstasy. They can also combat the effects of the medication, making it completely pointless you taking them and hindering your recovery.

NHS Direct
    Advice and information on all health-related issues.
    Telephone: 0845 46 47

National Drugs Helpline
    Free confidential advice, information and help about drugs. Open 24 hours a day. They can refer you onto local drug services and send out free literature.
    Helpline: 0800 776600

Our mental health special