Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Tw: sex

ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 3,972 Community Veteran
Why is a willy safer than anything else
Dw I'm just wondering.
I'm gd I got ppl on hand if I need help now and playing crash bandicoot 4 :)
Crazy mad insane

Comments

• Options
    support_squad23support_squad23 Posts: 113 The Mix Convert
    Hi @ellie2000

There is no harm in wondering about these sorts of things, we are here to hopefully provide some helpful answers. May I ask whether you'd be able to tell us a bit more about this? Could you describe what you mean by 'anything else'? This would help us to give you a better response.

Safe sex may be regarded as any sexual contact that protects you and your sexual partner/s against sexually transmissible infections (STIs) and unplanned pregnancy. Sex with a partner who has a penis therefore isn't automatically considered to be safe. You may make your own personal decisions about practicing safe sex, such as using condoms, STI-testing and similar.

I'm pleased to hear you're feeling good though!

All the best :)
  • Options
    @support_squad23 wen i used to b made to feel really really bad, i used to use a household object, n i was having flashbacks of tht moment, at tht time i didn't hav any1 on hand to talk through emotions, why do ppl self harm?
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    Salix_alba_2019Salix_alba_2019 Deactivated Posts: 1,646 Extreme Poster
    @ellie2000 I honestly do admire the courage you have to share what's on your mind. It sucks not having anyone to talk to, everything builds up until you resort to other ways of coping.

In the past, I would self-harm because I had all these big emotions, and doing it made me feel calmer. I believe people self-harm for lots of different reasons. Some do it to punish themselves because they feel like they deserve it or sometimes people self-harm to make themselves feel more present.

How have you been feeling recently, do you have people that you can talk to when you feel like hurting yourself?
  • Options
    M3GANx04M3GANx04 Posts: 61 Boards Initiate
    Hi @ellie2000
    Thank you for sharing, it's always great to talk through your emotions and get advice on how you may be feeling.

Could you explain what you mean by willy's being safer? Safer than what?

And in terms of self-harm, people do so for many reasons and in many different ways, however I would like to focus on how difficult it is to stop once you have started. It's like an addiction and it's never the right answer. There are so many better ways to cope, and as someone who struggled with self-harm for years, I wish I could go back in time and not start.

Are you thinking about hurting yourself? Do you have anyone to talk too about these feelings?
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    @M3GANx04 safer than random objects coz I used to poke myself in the v and the b wen I felt upset, or wen I felt triggered, if something sticks tht someone has said. I am NOT thinking of hurting myself
    I feel gd now 😊💕
    If I need someone to talk to I got ppl next door who r trained dealing with ppl who goes coo coo. I feel happier in my life now
    Wen the popo popped round b4 i moved I panicked after, n I phoned Samaritans n I feel happier with life now. I hav phonecall every week for well-being check 😊
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    M3GANx04M3GANx04 Posts: 61 Boards Initiate
    @ellie2000 Thanks for elaborating.

People may say that a penis is safer than random objects because of cleanliness. It's okay to masturbate with random objects as long as they are clean and not dangerous. I would recommend just using your fingers as it's still pleasurable but also safe (wash your hands before and after). If you want to use an object to masturbate with then perhaps the end of a brand new hairbrush or something of a similar shape.
    The most important thing is that it's clean and you don't force anything that feels uncomfortable. You don't need a penis for pleasure just to be safer, there are numerous alternatives.

It's so good that you have regular phonecalls with Samaritans! Wellbeing check-ups are so important even if you feel like you're in a good place. It's all just a part of looking after your mental health :) You're doing a great job. I'm glad to hear you're doing so much better at the moment.