Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Love Island- What is your opinion?

DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,808 Master Poster
A lot of people at my school (including some of the teachers) seem to love watching Love Island but I don't really understand what all the excitement is about with it. What do you all think about Love Island? Going to make the poll anonymous because this can be quite a controversial topic.
"There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
"The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
"I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 

Love Island- What is your opinion? 9 votes

Ewww it needs to be taken off air immediately
33% 3 votes
I've never watched it before
44% 4 votes
I've watched it and it's okay
11% 1 vote
I've watched it and I love it
11% 1 vote

Comments

• Options
    sinead276sinead276 Posts: 1,063 Wise Owl
    To be honest I enjoy watching reality tv I’m general as for me it’s something that’s an easy watch but with the controversies surrounding the show over the past years i definitely understand why some people don’t like it/are against it :)
  • Options
    DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,808 Master Poster
    I've never seen it but the gossip and everything on the news is bad enough for me to never want to watch it.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,023 Community Veteran
    I don't mind it personally as reality TV shows can be very insightful to watch. However I do feel that a lot of reality shows such as Love Island are dramatised a lot so eventhough it is happening in real life. I personally feel like some parts are created in order to gather more viewers. I have seen some clips of it and it looks interesting. However, personally I feel that it creates a toxic imagery of people and specifically beauty ideals (I feel like it does indorse toxic masculinity only because of the way men are represented on the show). Honestly I don't know too much about it so I can't say too much from my own views. However I'm glad that a topic like this is actually being addressed as I find it interesting to share views and opinions.
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    TitchTitch Posts: 20 Boards Initiate
    Personally I think it's awful however I don't disrespect the people who love it/watch it. Many people won't like the things I watch. So I'm not one of those people who are like "omg you WATCH love island what is wrong with you get in the bin!!!"

However, I do think the show is very damaging, especially in terms of body image. Also in many other ways. And that concerns me.