Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Songs That bring back memories.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Does anybody else have any songs that bring back good (or bad memories).

Mine are
1) Rapture (can't remember who it is by) reminds me of christmas 2001 at a party with all my mates. The best christmas ever.
2) two people (can't remember who by) reminds me of the same christmas. They were our party songs.

3) Adema - Skin = The song i was listening to when my boyfriend finished with me and the song i was listening to when my self harming started.

Anybody else got any songs like that???
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Dido - Hunter - was playing on the radio the night my g/f finished with me

Atomic Kitten - Eternal Flame - used to sing it to my g/f *cringes*

DJ Otzi - Hey Baby - was played to death during Freshers Week at uni

Britney Spears - I'm a Slave 4 U - had a really steamy dance at a club with a girl when this was played, before she ran off screaming "I've got a boyfriend, I've got a boyfriend" :(

Oasis - All around the World - reminds me of my Work Experience at a primary school.
  • Options
    I have three, aswell, they are:

1) Want you bad by the offspring - reminds me about a girl (and a friend) i like who doesn't like me.

2) Hate to say I told you so by the hives - New years party. 2001/2002.

3) Stupid kid by alkaline trio - When I got drunk from drinking with friends in Chester, and told my mate I fancied her.
  • Options
    DJ Otzi - Hey Baby- was played in all the bars in spain during a really good holiday with my mate last year
  • Options
    I'll be missing you(Puffy and Faith) reminds me of my ex :(
  • Options
    Originally posted by LacyMay2k
    I'll be missing you(Puffy and Faith) reminds me of my ex :(

STING! STING! STING!

Gargh. Covers suck!
  • Options
    Modjo Lady - reminds me of a holiday romance. :(
  • Options
    Mambo No5 - although I hate that song it was played constantly when I went to Greece last summer & reminds of that.
  • Options
    Oaisis - Wonderwall - the first time me and my girlfriend slept together it wa son the radio *cringe*
    That horny song - When i was in corfu it was played all the time and that holiday was brilliant :D
  • Options
    New Found Glory - Sincerley Me. Used to listen to it when I was coming home from work last summer and it was always raining but warm.

Children of the Night - that stupid happy hardcore song, or whatever it is. Reminds me of a Haloween Party I had aged 14 when my friend made the party tape. That song was on it about 20 times. It was a god awful song, and it makes me cringe when my brother plays it now!
  • Options
    Originally posted by BumbleBee

Children of the Night

We are the children on the night, fight for the future of our nation... *Bangs head on desk* Shut it Dan!

MC Hammer/Jive Bunny and the Master Mixers plus the Wacaday theme tune - Childhood and long car journeys down to Cornwall(Radio 1 Roadshows et al)

Alex Party - Don't Give Me Your Life - First single i ever brought.

Technohead/Suggs/Roy Chubby Brown - First year at secondry school.

Ian Van Dahl - Castles in the Sky - Last summer, weekend away visiting a mate working in Devon. Happy days.

Bollocks, I could go on....
  • Options
    Oh my god Ive got loads

*Ian Van dahl- castles in the sky- had my first kiss to it!
    *Bonfunk mc's freestyler- reminds me of a lad ive liked so much now for two years
    *Bonjovi- always, reminds me of a lad who played it once for his girlf
    *Britney Spears, Sometimes- reminds me of lad
    *Britney spears, Born to make you happy, reminds me of a lad
    *Atomic Kitten- Whole Again, reminds me of a lad
    *Atomic Kitten, Eternal flame, reminds me of my ex
    *Kelly lorenno, tell it to my heart, reminds me of the bloke I lost my virginity to, we were reunited after outr one night stand and danced with eachother to it in a club.
    *Pink, Dont let me get me, reminds me of a lad, this song brought us together. It came on the radio and we both said at exactly the same time, oh I love this song, then we kinda looked at eachother and kissed, it was so nice!
    *kulio(sp), gangsters paradise, my all time fave song, heard it in a club last night while i was getting off with someone and had a crowd of jelaous lafds watching, I was loving it!
    *Tocas miracle, reminds me of a lad who dances to it really nice.
    *Delerium, Silence, reminds me of a lad who ice skates to it really good

There are so many more but i'll be here all night typing them out, these are the first ones that come to mind. more or less every song nowadays has some meaning to me.
  • Options
    Blink 182 - The Rock Show and Rollercoaster remind me of when i used to fancy a girl who im not sure if im mates with anymore....they remind me of when i was closer to her:o
  • Options
    Originally posted by BumbleBee
    New Found Glory - Sincerley Me.

Dear your name here... It'd been a long time, very long time, since I've heard your voice And I bet you never thought I was So sorry so? I've had a hard time, very hard time seeing less of you I never thought you knew Quality Quality song :D

For me though:

New Found Glory - My Friends Over You. Reminds of times out with mates (especially the video).
    Bryan Adams - When you're gone. First time I realised I was in love :o
    Blur - Song 2. Quality song always picked me up when I felt down :D
    Grease Lightening. Ahh year 8 leavers.
    Green Day - Time of your life. Year 11 leavers.
    Feeder - Sweet 16. Gran Turismo. That game was quality.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Tek-ila
    Does anybody else have any songs that bring back good (or bad memories).

Mine are
    1) Rapture (can't remember who it is by) reminds me of christmas 2001 at a party with all my mates. The best christmas ever.

That couldn't possibly be by lab-4 could it?
    (I'd be surprised, but ya never know)

Mine are gone away, by the offspring for reasons I have given many times now. Same reasons for the drugs don't work, The Verve.

Also One Way, by the Levellers. It was my first ever favourite song, and it was my moto for a long time...
    "theres only one way of life, and thats your own"
  • Options
    We are the children on the night, fight for the future of our nation...
    Bloomin' 'eck, they played that in our union the other night...or maybe somehwere else, I can't remember!
    right, back to the point...

Anything Stone Roses reminds me of my boyfriend Kris (or infact anything else he plays on his guitar).

Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody reminds me of one Hogmany when all my family were stood in a huge circle singing it. aww.

Groovy Kind of Love - Phil Collins, reminds me of my best mate, and how we ended up getting it together a few years back.

That Horny song too, reminds me of an under 18's club we used to go to.

Coldplay - Yellow or Trouble, T in the Park last year, they were immense.
    Can't think of anymore right now, but I'm sure there are loads. :)
  • Options
    oh, and Tek-ila that two times song was by Annlee (bad song dude) and Rapture was by I-O or something like that methinks.
  • Options
    Have a lot of songs which bring back memories, but these three are the most outstanding ones (at the moment)

Kylie Minogue/Spinning around- Two or three summers ago, I met up with my Danish friend in Israel. We were staying at her grandmothers kibbutz, and they would constantly play the song on the radio. Just reminds me of going to the pool 2 times a day, pretending not to know hebrew, and hearing people talk about us, referring to us as "the danes", making those same people shocked when they found out I understood every word. Also going out at 3am for a walk, meeting lots of ugly stray dogs, weird people, nice people, horny people etc. :D Could ramble on for ages...

Sisqo/Thong Song- Same summer, a friend we had just made, was in a car with some others on her way to get steaks, when we were on one of our waaaaaaaaay past midnight trips. So she and the others asked if we wanted to join. Of course we jumped right at the chance, and everyone was screaming along to the thong song on the radio, even though we couldn't figure out the words, while driving waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too fast!
    Me and my friend both agree, that so far that was is our favourite summer :)

Nelly/Hot in herre- Just cause a guy I met 2 or 3 weeks ago, sang it to me with a cheeky smile on his face *sighs* Won't see that smile for a looooooooooong time :(