Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Safer Internet Day (7 Feb)

AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,039 Boards Guru
m5uu6a5lfkn8.png

Today is Safer Internet Day which is all about raising awareness of the importance of staying safe online.

It's an important day as the internet is a big part of our lives, there are many benefits but also some dangers so staying safe while using the internet is really important.

We wanted to start a thread where we can all share ways we stay safe online.

What's your top tip for staying safe online?
Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤

Comments

• Options
    JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,319 Part of The Furniture
    edited February 2023
    That's a good one though @Morgan007!

My number 1 tip would be to use a password manager. :)
    The truth resists simplicity.
  • Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,023 Community Veteran
    I would my top tip to always make sure to take a break off social media and make sure to stay hydrated throughout the day. If anyone ever makes you feel unsafe online, always report it. Stay safe everyone and happy belated internet safer day :)
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,319 Part of The Furniture
    edited February 2023
    Morgan007 wrote: »
    @Mike what's a password manager
    A password manager stores all your passwords for you inside an encrypted 'vault'. You create one super strong password to access your vault, and that's the only password you ever need to remember. It also generates totally random, super-secure passwords for you when you create new accounts, and then saves them. So no more using the same password for everything. :)Here's a video that explains it.

I use Bitwarden - it's free and open source.

Even if you don't care much about your security (which you should), it's still a no-brainer because it makes your life so much easier for not having to remember passwords.
    The truth resists simplicity.