Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Body odour

greenguygreenguy Posts: 1 Just got here
I’m 16 and I’ve been experiencing some bad body odour for a while around my genital area whenever I masturbate. I wash under the foreskin everyday with soap and haven’t had sex so I’m unsure as to the cause of it and how to treat it. I’d really appreciate any insight into it. Thanks
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,647 Legendary Poster
    Didn’t want to leave this without a reply, but I’m female so my expertise might be somewhat limited in that respect.

It’s totally normal to get BO at your age, your hormones are changing and even if you haven’t had sex, there’s a lot of sweat glands in that area.

Do you find it’s only when you masturbate? And does washing afterwards help?

Hopefully someone will be able to give you better advice, it sounds like you’re doing lots to try to prevent it already, but there might be other things you can do as well that someone else will be able to recommend
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    M3GANx04M3GANx04 Posts: 61 Boards Initiate
    Is it just body odour you're experiencing - no pain/itchiness or visual differences.
    Remember that having a 'smell' is completely natural. Everyone has an specific odour, which is very common in the genital area due the the amount of sweat glands there, and is bound to be heightened during masturbation. It's nothing to be insecure/worried about.
    Just remember to prioritise your hygiene. It sounds like you're doing a good job at cleaning it. It's always good to use an odourless and natural based soap when cleaning the genital area to prevent infection or irritation - it's a sensitive area so be careful.