Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Letter Unrecieved

mk1881mk1881 Posts: 131 The Mix Convert
Thomas,
I've thought about this for a very long time. The realities of my history in relationships, your history and our friendship. Everytime I've said I love you, I didn't just mean it in the way you say it back to me. I meant it as though it's the only thing keeping me going sometimes. And I know that you're not over your ex. I know that and I know that it's an impossibility. But even so, I love you. I want you and only you. I know you don't love me and that's okay. But I can't just sit by and watch your self destructive behaviors and I can't just have my feelings ignored anymore. I'm done trying to make you see things because you don't want to. The ball is in your court now.
"But our lives will only ever always Continue to be A balancing act That has less to do with pain And more to do with beauty." -Shane Koyczan

Comments

• Options
    Emma_Emma_ Community Manager Posts: 599 Incredible Poster
    Hey @mk1881 - I wanted to say that your words here really touched me. I can hear how much this person means to you and how raw your feelings are around them

Sending big hugs <3
  • Options
    support_squad23support_squad23 Posts: 113 The Mix Convert
    Hi @mk1881,

I've followed along with your journey with Thomas and can see how challenging this has been for you. Unrequited love can be so very painful, almost akin to grief or bereavement at times. You are deserving of the love, care and support which Thomas seems to be unable to offer. How have you been coping with this recently? We are here by your side if you'd like to explore some support options or coping mechanism which may make this a bit easier to bear.

Take care.