Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

The new year

DistractionDistraction Posts: 453 Listening Ear
edited January 2023 in General Chat
1st of January.

I’m so proud of the little kid in me, she’s come along way, she never thought she’d see a future past 18.

She’s still scared that everything she’s worked for so far will be suddenly taken away one way or another but she knows deep down all she can do is work towards her goal today, in this moment.

It’s not been easy, far from it, but we’ve learnt it’s possible and maybe, just maybe one day, we’ll get to where we truly feel content, maybe the world will make sense and everything will settle, even just for a moment but until then we’ll keep working, fighting, breathing…

Heres to the people who made it through 2022 when simply just surviving was one of the hardest things they ever had to do. My love to you all. I'm so proud of everyone here.

Comments

• Options
    DistractionDistraction Posts: 453 Listening Ear
    Thank you @Morgan007 <3
  • Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,058 Community Veteran
    1st of January.

I’m so proud of the little kid in me, she’s come along way, she never thought she’d see a future past 18.

She’s still scared that everything she’s worked for so far will be suddenly taken away one way or another but she knows deep down all she can do is work towards her goal today, in this moment.

It’s not been easy, far from it, but we’ve learnt it’s possible and maybe, just maybe one day, we’ll get to where we truly feel content, maybe the world will make sense and everything will settle, even just for a moment but until then we’ll keep working, fighting, breathing…

Heres to the people who made it through 2022 when simply just surviving was one of the hardest things they ever had to do. My love to you all. I'm so proud of everyone here.

Thank you so much for your kind words <3
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    sinead276sinead276 Posts: 1,086 Wise Owl
    @Distraction - what a lovely new years message and like the others have said we are proud of you too.

Proud of everyone here and here's to a fabulous 2023

Sending hugs,
    Sinead
  • Options
    DozyNifflerDozyNiffler Posts: 14 Settling in
    Totally agree with everything that's been said! <3