Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

bad flatmates

abbey17abbey17 Posts: 17 Settling in
edited March 27 in Work & Study
I have three flatmate at my uni accommodation and I don’t like any of them, they are so rude, mean, loud. Not to mention messy, one of them will just leave their dirty dishes out for days, they went home for the weekend and when they came back their dishes were mouldy 🤢
They also complain, which I find ironic considering the things they complain about of things they do, like being loud , annoying and messy. They are not very understanding of others needs either. My accommodation staff say that there’s nothing that can be done.

I’ve been struggling with my mental health, especially social anxiety, so constantly being around them is really difficult.

I’m not looking for any advice, I just needed to rant
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    HarryTHarryT Community Manager Posts: 320 The Mix Regular
    Hey @abbey17,

I'm hearing that you felt as though you needed a space to rant about this rather than coming here looking for any specific advice, but I just wanted to drop by to say that it's really positive to see you managing your frustrations and recognising that posting here may have helped you to do that.

How does it feel to have vented some of those frustrations out here? If there's anything else that you'd like to chat through with us then we're all ears. I can hear how annoying it could be for you to be living with these flatmates at the moment.

Take care,
    Harry
    Hello amazing human (yes, that's YOU). I wish that you could see the amazing person who I see within you  ✨
  • Options
    RenPRenP Posts: 203 Trailblazer
    Hey @abbey17

My ex really struggled with the messy thing also when he was at Uni, there were 8 in the house and often I'd go round and there were stacks of plates and pans that were mouldy, they used to smoke inside so the air felt really thick, and I always had to squat rather than sit on the toilet because it was so dirty all the time. The environment you're in is really important. Tidy space tidy mind, so I feel your frustration.

Would you talk to them about how loud and rude they are?

Like HarryT said, I hope it helped you to vent and feel free any time if you need to vent some more, or if you would like some advice.

<3
  • Options
    RenPRenP Posts: 203 Trailblazer
    @abbey17

How has it been going for you and how have you been feeling lately?