Home Work & Study It's Exam Time
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Results day support thread

AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,042 Boards Guru
edited August 2022 in It's Exam Time
Today is A-Level results day and if you're looking for some support today, we're all here for you 💛

Remember you're not defined by a number or grade on a piece of paper. No matter what your results are, you will always be capable and worthy 💛

We have some really useful articles over on our website that have some great tips on coping with results day.

If you're wanting to go to university but didn't get the grades you hoped for, the university clearing process can help you find a place. There's more info on how this process works over on our website.

If you're looking for support today, post in this thread and we'll be here to support you. We also have some great services here at The Mix that you can reach out to:
*Our Crisis Messenger provides free, 24/7 crisis support across the UK. If you’re aged 25 or under, you can text THEMIX to 85258.
*Our webchat and helpline service are open from 4pm-11pm everyday. You can call the team for free on 0808 808 4994.
*If you're under 25 and would like free confidential webchat or telephone counselling from The Mix complete this form and the team will arrange your first session.
*Group chats - we run these every evening from 8-9.30pm and it's a great place to get support from other young people.

How is everyone feeling today?
Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤

Comments

• Options
    Chloe234Chloe234 Community Champion Posts: 2,181 Boards Champion
    well done @Amy22 !! :)
  • Options
    fiona333fiona333 Posts: 141 Helping Hand
    love to see all the support, advice and love on here!! To emphasise what everyone else is saying, it’s so important to remember that grades do not reflect you as a person!! ❤️
  • Options
    ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 3,990 Community Veteran
    In life make sure u do Ur best coz ppl WILL expect u to fail
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    kaiikaii Posts: 464 Listening Ear
    edited August 2022
    I'm a little late, but congratulations to those who got the results that they wanted! You've worked so hard! :smile:

And if you didn't, please give yourself some time to let these feelings sink in, and indulge in something that you love, because you deserve it ^^ you've worked so hard, and these grades don't define your worth at all. Please remember that there will be a lot of great opportunities for you out there, everything will all work out <3
    cinnamoroll supremacy : )
  • Options
    sinead276sinead276 Posts: 1,076 Wise Owl
    Just wanted to say another good luck to those getting their GCSE results tomorrow :3
  • Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,038 Community Veteran
    Also just wanted to say something similar as @sinead276 had just said. I wish everyone the best of luck for their GCSE results tomorrow and I hope you get the grades you want :). Even if you don't it is not the end of the world as I say there are always doors that will open for you eventually. Grades don't define who you are or your worth. I wish everyone good luck <3
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    NeonBlueThunder1NeonBlueThunder1 Posts: 245 Trailblazer
    Amy22 wrote: »
    I just wanted to say that this is a perfect thread and I totally agree. The past few years have been tough for everyone. I'm proud of everyone for the progress they have made. I finally did it, I passed my first year of college :)

Oh my gosh congratulations! That's awesome! :3 Also I agree with you.
  • Options
    NeonBlueThunder1NeonBlueThunder1 Posts: 245 Trailblazer
    edited August 2022
    Good luck to everyone getting their GCSE results tomorrow! :+1: Even if they weren't what you were expecting, grades don't define how hard you tried on your exams, and what you can do in the future. It might just mean getting to that dream job in another way, rather that the straight and narrow road. :)
  • Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,038 Community Veteran
    Thank you so much @NeonBlueThunder1 I feel happy I passed my first year and my skills qualification. I cant wait to do my second year :)
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films