Home Work & Study It's Exam Time
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

AQA Strike... again

DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,835 Master Poster
I don't know how many people on here are actually aware (or even bother with listening to the news anymore because of all the sad news) but AQA (one of the main exam boards) have announced yet another strike. This time it is between 24th August and 28th August so it is going to also be happening on GCSE Results day just like the previous strike that happened last week when it coincided with A-Level Results day. I feel worried that it will end up impacting results being delivered on time although AQA keep claiming that they have been able to keep up with getting results out on time. It isn't the entirety of the staff striking but it still seems to be a high number of staff.
"There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
"The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
"I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 

Comments

• Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,038 Community Veteran
    Hi @Dancer this sounds very similar to the WJEC protest that happened a while ago which was for a very different reason. I agree with you with all the strikes, it is crazy and I also feel like it is unnecessary to do especially as students need their results soon. Fingers crossed, they don't strike and the results day can resume as normal.
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    sinead276sinead276 Posts: 1,076 Wise Owl
    Hoping everyone gets their results on time and stuff - I know how stressful the day is anyways without any added uncertainty that arises due to strikes. :3<3